• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

will these seats fit?

mudwarrior

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
302 ford
Transmission
Automatic
i just got my 88 ranger and the mice sh#t everywhere and i can get seats out of a 90 or 91 explorer dont remember exact year but will they fit my ranger and also i want to pull the carpet because its toast and i was wondering if the first gen ranger came with a complete rubber floor mat instead of carpet or if not has anyone put rubber mat down and what they used.thanks million

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
You will have to put the seat portion on your Ranger's seat tracks. They both have 4 bolts that hold the seat portion to the tracks.

NotARanger

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
If anything see if you can put the explorers seats in your ranger and see how they line up woth the holes. if anything you may need to make a small braket to get them to bolt in and down. that would not be hard to do.

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah my 84 ranger came with a rubber mat. i went to carpet, but www.lmctruck.com or www.jcwhitney.com has rubber replacement mats instead of carpet. hope this helps

NotARanger

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Could just pull all the old, clean it up, undercoat it, and throw in some floor mats. Thats what I will be doing this summer. Cheap and durable. Road noise may get old tho. :)

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
rubber mats trap moisture under them, not allowing any evaporation really. my recently acquired 1983 ranger 4x4 will have the mat pulled up and bedliner put on the floor and carpeting over that very, very soon! even the wife's 2004 Forester is having issues there and will have that carpeting pulled, bedliner on the floor and then new carpeting next week. snow, rain, and winter road salt is killer on metal up here. i'm a big believer in bedlining the floor before any mats or carpeting goes down. same for the bed as well as most of those plastic drop-in liners or rubber protectors promote rusting under them.

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Could just pull all the old, clean it up, undercoat it, and throw in some floor mats. Thats what I will be doing this summer. Cheap and durable. Road noise may get old tho. :)
actually, by doing the undercoating, you will be insulating the floor to some degree. undercoating is full of rubberized partcles, so they will deaden the sound. so its not gonna be as loud as you think.

NotARanger

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
actually, by doing the undercoating, you will be insulating the floor to some degree. undercoating is full of rubberized partcles, so they will deaden the sound. so its not gonna be as loud as you think.
True, good point.

NotARanger

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
rubber mats trap moisture under them, not allowing any evaporation really.
I figure if and when you dump out all the dirt and what not the mats usually collect, you can always quick whipe off the floor with an old rag to get rid of any moisture that may be their. Not to much of a hassel. Just my 0.02 cents.

irishblessing

does anybody know if the newer model seats with the center consoles will fit one a 96 Ranger same seat design looks like the same mounting setup so i was wondering if anybody was positive they matched up

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals