• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

CB mounting

94STXRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 302
Transmission
Manual
Hey my cousin just gave me a nice little cb for my truck so i was hoping you guys could post pics of where and how you mounted yours up.
Thanks
PS if anyone has antenna for sale pm me!

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I don't know how big yours is, but on my 93, mine was just the right size to slide into where the ash tray is. I took out the entire ashtray and cigerette lighter assembly and then I had a power supply right there to work with, no real wiring involved. Mine is just big enough that I can slide it in without any kind of mounting bracketry, nice tight fit.

I can get you picture tomorrow. It is dark and raining right now, I don't really want to go outside. I would think you can visualize my mount though.

94STXRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 302
Transmission
Manual
Mine is dang small and will fit easy, i checked. But i would like to keep a twelve volt source for phone charger and other crap.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You are supposed to get less interferance from the engine if you run the wires to the battery as opposed to using the 12v power source. I don't really know what the difference is, I have it from the power source in my F-150 and you can get a little static with the engine on that goes away when the engine is off, it one of the things that is on my not so pressing to do list...

My dad had a cb mount that sits on the tranny hump, it has a speaker mounted in it and angles the cb up. It was sitting the garage so I nabbed it and it looks really good, with the 12v power source I can rip the whole thing out quickly if I need legroom for the middle seat. Most newer vehicles are not very friendly to mount a CB in unless you luck out and it will fit in the ash tray (mine is also my cupholder so that wasn't even an option)

Truckstops are a good place to get CB stuff, I got my cable, antenea mount and antenea at one. I have a 3' tunable tip Firestick, I would like to get another for more range, I think I go about 4-5 miles the way it is now.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals