• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Power Window RT side 89 BII

bella89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
My window quit working, the motor is working, the glass just chatters if you pull it up & hold switch you can get it up. Coming down works fine. Some parts books say there is a gear set for the motor ( but not for 1989 ) can anyone tell me if I need a motor or a gear set.

thanks for any help

Swepper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Mine does same thing. I tore it apart and thr motor wrks fine but the gears were all rusted and all that goodness so om waitn till i find one i hvnt looked around yet

Swepper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
And to make it ne better the whole mechanism is riveted to the door so u would have to drill it out. Im just goin to find some manual doors and pin the hinges while im in there

CraigK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
This is a common problem with a relatively easy fix (i.e. I did it). As I recall, you just have to replace some broken pieces (not usually the gears themselves) in the window gearbox with 1/4" nuts, and it's fixed basically forever. Yes, you have to drill out and replace rivets, but that's really not difficult. Do a search and you'll likely find lots of info on this fix. I may have posted something myself years ago.

CraigK

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals