• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Back hatch switch for light?

SilverBronco2-1990

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 2.9
Transmission
Manual
anybody know what this part called I have tried everything I can think of to find it it's the light switch on the back hatch of a 1990 Ford Bronco 2 any help would be helpfull.

shadow88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Mine dosent work either, but I'm not sure what there called either

Spede Demn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'85
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
Dont know what to call them but are you talking about the internal switch on the light or the door switch, if the door switch works you can bypass the switch thats on the light itself so the light comes on when you open the door. My roof switch just needed a good cleaning and it came back to life

SilverBronco2-1990

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 2.9
Transmission
Manual
It's the back hatch light switch my light just stay on so I'm having to remove a battery cable every time I park.

Dont know what to call them but are you talking about the internal switch on the light or the door switch, if the door switch works you can bypass the switch thats on the light itself so the light comes on when you open the door. My roof switch just needed a good cleaning and it came back to life

Spede Demn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'85
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
Theres another switch on the frame just like the front doors have and thats probably the one that is stuck. The switch on the light itself just turns it on if the hatch is closed. At least thats how mine works.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals