• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4x4 dash light rewire after manual t-case swap

bigdan002001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Can someone help me out as to which connector shown in pic in my photo album is the c283 connector? Supposedly i need to tie my wires from t-case into the light blue/black stripe wire as well as solid gray wire to get lights to function properly when manually engaging 4x4 amd 4x4 low. Can someone help me out? Sorry but cant seem to get image code to copy paste to thread.
Thanks,
Dan

Dune Runner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999 4.0
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
You need lights????? Just wondering.

bigdan002001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Dont need em....but want everything to work as it should.

bigdan002001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
After some digging i finally found some good schematics for the 97 gem. I labeled and updated photo in my album for anyone else who may be looking to do this as well.
Thanks,
Dan

bigdan002001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Just to let everyone know, that once I turned the key on, both indicators on dash would blink constantly. So I unplugged that entire connector from the GEM module since all the wires in it are for the electronic shift controls to stop the lights from blinking on dash. Then to test out the two wires in question, I used a light testor - grounded it to metal bolt on floor - and touched each pin inside the connector of the gray wire and the blue/blk stripe wire and with key on the dash light lit up when the ground was applied to each one. Just have to run wires down to the transfer case harness now.

Dan

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals