• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Questionaire supercharged 4.0 OHV

rocks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I beat a mustang 4.0 yesterday, slide around in 2nd gear passing him and he didnt want anymore of course this is a 2006 350z that revs to 8000 rpms with cams, the only thing stock in the engine is the crank and valves. I spent 10k$ on it and maybe more and I havent been able to afford to turbo it for the past 3 years.

To turbo it buy yourself a chop saw and a flux core wire welder, and about 300$ worth of bent exhaust pipe. Its the little things that add up. My friend with a wrx a new down pipe is going to cost him 100$ to build, that is with us doing it. The vband clamp for the waste gate is 35$ alone.

I have beat every 5.0 mustang I have raced in my 350z with a low 9.1:1 compression engine built for turbocharging. 3.5 liters of fury haha.

TheMuffinOfEvil

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Do you all think it would be possible to fabricate brackets to mount a vortec supercharger?

rocks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It would be easier to connect your y pipe together and make a setup for a turbo than to fab a bracket for a supercharger.

1996DANGERRANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i absolutely would love to super charge my ranger. i have a 96 OHV 4.o 5 speed and i've doing the research but i do not have the skills to make a upper intake for it to bolt to. the only issue with you wanting to run a M112 is the 4.0 can only hold so much boost without doing reprogramming and it would blow the bottom end out. i truthfully want to run 5lbs max through my motor. and the intercooler idea is good but it would have to be really small to be crammed in the engine compartment. so the eatonm90 i think would be best and you could run a tiny intercooler and if you keep it below 3 to 5 lbs of boost the factory MAF should be able to adjust the fuel for it without changing any injectors or fuel pump or anyhting

Reaper1354

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So I'm fairly interested in s/c my 4.0 ohv so I can have a badass daily driver. Only problem I can't seem to find anything for it online anywhere. If someone's making a kit I'd love to get one once I scavenge up the money. What kind of power output increase can I expect with roughly 5lbs of boost?

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
check out the forced induction threads on this site, many of your questions will be answered.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals