• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

alignment!

JohnnyUhlar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
alright so i poked through the tech library and read in several different categories and tried chasing a few threads. i hit a stump pretty hard and really threw out my alignment. then to add to my already bad steering i ended up going off the road and jumping a ditch doing about 30. im new to the whole home mechanic thing with my truck and i cant figure out exactly how to ajust it. i could really use some tips on how to adjust this or maybe some thoughts as to what i should replace. i have whats called accroding the the tech library, negative camber. no idea how to fixd it and i live paycheck to paycheck. i drive a 1997 regular cab, 5spd. front end is a twin I-beam.

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
more that likely you don't have adjustable camber bushings so you have no adjustments. Even if you did you can truly align it. First things is get down there and make sure nothings f'ed up.

JohnnyUhlar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
damn thats not good news.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
You do have camber/caster bushings on your axle, though they probably are the factory fixed-degree ones, which can be swapped out for fully-adjustable ones if needed.

Is the negative camber occurring on one or both sides? If only one side (or is much worse on one side than the other), I'd be checking for a bent spindle.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
id start by learning how to drive. seriously, its gonna save you a ton of money.

start by checking for damage. jumping anything at 30 means shits getting bent.

JohnnyUhlar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
hey thanks for the advice you ass i had no idea that was bad for a truck.

ill be looking into getting adjustable bushings and probably replace the spindles. the negative is on both sides but on the driver side more than the passenger. thanks for the info guys i appreciate it.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
You can allways take it to a frame and axle shop and ask for a free safety check they have to tell you what parts are bad. I have a friend who owns a shop he tells me what to replace and I pay him to align it. Unless you put it on a rack and get the castor, camber and toe correct your driving a loaded weapon with a hair trigger. Steering is almost as important as brakes dont drive on the road until it is right IMHO.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
hey thanks for the advice you ass i had no idea that was bad for a truck.

ill be looking into getting adjustable bushings and probably replace the spindles. the negative is on both sides but on the driver side more than the passenger. thanks for the info guys i appreciate it.
I'd bet your frame is bent, among other things. but in all seriousness, after hitting a stump, and jumping a ditch, you should get some offroad training. its going to cost you a fortune to keep the truck up with these things happening. I'm not being a dick, im seriously saying for your safety and those around you, please learn to drive.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals