• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

my b2 build

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I've owned this b2 for 3 years.Nearly lost it on the Uhaul trailer on the journey home through a bad snow storm after i bought it for $800. Its been a DD, has gone through a trans rebuild shortly followed by a motor swap due to a failed head gasket and seized engine. I've replaced just about everything on this just to keep her on the road.

Back in october i rear ended a ram 1500. soo since then I've been working on building her up to be better than before. below is the nearly finished headlights and custom grille for the B2. they are 5 3/4 headlights.. the second picture is a few months before i wrecked it, the 3rd is obvious.. heartbreaking damage. and 4th is the best picture i could get of the day i bought it. i drove 7 hours away just to look at it.

AS soon as the weather breaks here i'll be doing a belltech shackle install(replaced leaf springs already and they sag with only a half tank of gas) homemade fiberglass hood, repair the core support, frame and get a new front bumper. other To-Dos will include an FM146 swap(currently a rebuilt A4ld) a bullbar and KClights and some other junk to make her purty. might try to cram some 31x10.5s under it if money allows as i've got the '57 pickup to dump money into aswell.

Attachments

Last edited:

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Nice looking machine, well before you Rammed it.

So you are near Philly huh?

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
I love both sets of lights

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks, the previous square lights i installed were for a 95 blazer i simply bolted the whole assembly to the core support and cut away the stock housing to fit, i liked em, much brighter than the foggy factory junk lol

this time around i bolted 5 3/4'' round headlight buckets inside the housing. I'm working on the finishing touches of the bezels to go around the lights.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
here is a pic of me mocking up the lights to see what they would look like. the lights were the cheaper sealed beams.

Attachments

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
waiting for this damned weather to break, have to fix up a core support i got from the yard for $50. i should of just bought a new one. after that i have to get the B2 to the shop so i can cut the frame from the back of the core support mounts (yay plasma cutter) and get the same section from the heap yard, weld the junk together install fixed core support and throw the grill, headlights lower valance on.. then i'll be ready to swap in the FM146 :)

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
heres a better idea of what she's gonna look like. i still have some massaging too do, but i like the direction it's going. have to get her down to the shop when the snow thaws.

also note: Krylon burgundy spray matches pretty well. the valance i got was black, can you tell? :headbang:

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
working on drilling out the spot welds on the core support with the little spare time i seem to have. i've got the driver side almost done.. might have to wait till its down to the shop and pull the itres off to get in there better. it sucks working on my icey gravel driveway.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
i recently purchased a lund sunvisor for 100bucks off craigslist great shape never installed. i found out that the roof is higher on a b2 then ranger after trying to install it, and the visor is for a ranger.. not sure if i want to hack it up and make it fit or sell it and try to find the right one.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Im back too it finally. I spent the spring rebuilding the '57. Then purchased a 2000 ranger that needed a heap load of work. Never got around to the b2 while it was at the shop. Which really sucks cause now i have to do everything in my driveway with hand tools. No heatwrench or forklift or even a welder at my disposal so now i have to get creative to straighten the frame. I did get the core support pretty much out but i have to repair one of the body mounts before i can do that.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Got the new core support kinda sorta in. Trying to find the bolts from over a month ago w.e i did with them idk. Pulled the pile of parts out of the bomber and notice Mold... Not a 100 on where the waters coming in gonna have to pull the carpet out asap. I found the drain plugs and pulled them out for effect.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals