• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

86 b2 Wiring

The Slider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I found a THICK Black wire w/ a brown stripe(Possible DIRTY oragne) (ITS HOT) , that looks like it was in the loom with the AC compressor wires... I noticed when i hooked everything up, I had no interior light, no radio, no AC fan blower, But the electric windows worked. also it just cranked wouldnt start and my pressure regulator started leaking, so I stopped for the night til I get a new one tommororw. can someone give me an Idea where that goes? I dont see anymore missing unattached wires.

Thanks!
Chaz.

Last edited:

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
sounds like the main power wire...its black and orange....supposed to go around the headlight harness and has a single spade before the firewall on the drivers side fender apron.

they get shitty and corrody melty burny at times where they connect.

at the power terminal on the relay it has a fuse link that can pop. well most do.

dave2575

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 88
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
"BIGGER HAMMER!"
Ya agreed sounds like it may be the power wire. If its in the wire loom that crosses over the engine then one end goes to the alternator, and then the other end goes into a large grey wire connector that sits on top of the drivers side wheel well with a few other large connectors.(under brake booster) Then from there it goers through the fire wall into the fuse panel. And it goes back out through fire wall and follows around the eng compartment to the relay as said above. The large grey connector(weather pack) sometimes hides a bad connection inside of it between the spade terminals on the ends of the power wires. The terminals can corrode and fall apart leaving a wire end hanging. Check to see if your wire goes to the large grey connector.

The Slider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
BINGO!!!!! I rolled the wire covering off the alt. harness and there it was broken where it was supposed to connect to 3. crimped it and worked like a champ! after about running it for 15-20 seconds, the interior light and AC fan, etc all come on... but NO blinkers, and when I rolled my drivers window down, it wouldnt go back up, but all the other windows and locks work, so im going to remove the door panel and slap a battery charger on the motor to see if it works.

Thanks!
Chaz

dave2575

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 88
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
"BIGGER HAMMER!"
good to hear.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals