• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

MAZDA B3000 2001 FRAME to RANGER 1998 SWAP

krzysztof_86

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hello again, :)

I have a new idea, please help me! Maybe is stipuid ask, but i dont see such a topic. I found in belgium MAZDA B3000 from 2001 regular Cab (at foto)
this frame is the same as my frame from FORD RANGER 98 reg cab? all components are compatible? Please take your feedback

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
I'm pretty sure that frame should fit.

However, from your last set of pictures in your other thread, if you replaced the brackets for the rear suspension, that frame still looks to be in very good shape. Are those brackets the only bad spot?

Not sure if you can see this link from your country, but THIS is a bad frame:

(this is from a local selling webpage we use here in the U.S.)
https://centralmich.craigslist.org/cto/d/ford-ranger-needs-frame/6224135599.html

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I'd get them all and build two trucks out of the best parts.

But I agree with Captain Ledd (again) that the frame you have is in good shape and just needs cleaning up a bit...maybe some new hangers.

If you feel comfortable doing a complete body swap then cleaning up the old EV frame will be extremely easy but maybe a bit of work. Get the Rangers if you can afford them and have a place to store them and build another at your leisure.

krzysztof_86

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Maybe can resuscitate my frame, but the next year The problem will return becouse in front of frame had a closed profil
but rust will proceed. Really cheeper for me is buy something else in good condition(for parts) than repair my. Maybe i can buy at auction for Not much.
i ask becouse i read on internet They are twins model B3000/Ranger complite chassis and engines is the same only body is diffrent. From here my
question Is that true? And here the experts from Trucks. :)

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Yes, some minor styling differences on the body should be the only differences. That frame should be compatible.

I see your point about the inside of the frame where it is boxed, and I guess that would be hard to take a picture of. I have a spot on the front frame of my GMC that is rusted worse than the rest.

Just keep in mind, these are all getting to be 20 year old trucks, and the replacement may be just as bad.

Where exactly did your mechanic point to on your frame? Could you try to get a picture of those spots? (as best as possible or able)

krzysztof_86

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
If I can not buy a mazda I will repaired my frame... But looks at this:

in good condition and i think is the same, What do you think? Is possible?
Take it?

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Holy Smokes! That frame is in REALLY nice shape. And that exhaust looks original and is in nice shape! (or they had it all redone with factory replacements, which would be pricey). Unless that truck has really low miles, someone took extremely good care of it.

If you want to swap frames and get a BUNCH of spare parts to keep your truck going for a very long time, this Mazda would be a good purchase.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals