• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Help with clicking

ashtonstrish

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
I heard a clicking going down the road(like tape on the true smacking around) so I looked around and thought wheel bearing checked them and the driver side where I heard it had a grinding but no wobble but passenger wobbled horriblely so I did passenger doing driver tomorrow clicking didn't go away nor the wobblieness in passenger it's the bearing on the spindle does anyone know what it can be brand new bearing and the camber is off and the top points in which I thought was wheel bearing also I saw cv axle but I have manual locking hubs and they're on free so I don't see how it could make sounds. It's a 1994 ford ranger 4.0 4x4 dana35 axle. Thanks

Update: I fixed the wobbling in the passenger tire I didn't tighten the nut enough I still don't know what the clicking is but I'm gonna replace the wheel bearings cus they only take 30min to do and it's cheap

Last edited:

fangotango306

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
None yet
Transmission
Automatic
it could be a wheel bearing. A 94 should not have cv's, still a ttb truck so you will have u joints. it could be a busted or stuck hub. try putting it in 4 wheel and locking hubs in to see if it gets worse.

thcscubajohn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
247ci
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4"
Tire Size
31x10.50r15
My credo
Smog is for pussies.
When you tighten the nut make them tight and back off a 1/4 turn you should have very slight wobble as for your clicking check the radius arm bushings. If it's not those then re pack your hubs with grease my truck makes a clicking noise up front as well and after personally changing the front u joints(added a lock-right while I was in there), radius arm bushings, wheel bearings, springs, shocks, tires, 2 alignments I've come to the conclusion that the axles rattle in the hubs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ashtonstrish

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
It was the wheel bearing the guy before me didn't put a wheel seal in and dust got in and ruined them the wobble was the nut was by tight enough

thcscubajohn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
247ci
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4"
Tire Size
31x10.50r15
My credo
Smog is for pussies.
It was the wheel bearing the guy before me didn't put a wheel seal in and dust got in and ruined them the wobble was the nut was by tight enough
The noise is gone?

ashtonstrish

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
The noise is gone?

Sorry just noticed this yea the guy didn't put a seal so dirt got in it's good now thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals