• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Leveling b2

outatime88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Total Drop
3/4
I hope this is the right place to post.

By stock b2 has a slight rake to it. The front is lower than the rear. I want to level it by using coil spacers, but I'm not sure what size to get 1" or 1.5". Here is a picture. I don't know if you can tell from this. How would I go about measuring to see?

txgocartB3000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Do you know any construction guys?

See if you can borrow their level laser and shoot it on the front fender right above the light lens and above the rear tail light lens.

This will tell you where you are at and see how much of a difference you do have.

Ray

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I agree with txgocart, except he picked his measurement points poorly. The top of the front marker is not level with the top of the tail light on the body. It would be better to measure at the body crease, because that is straight across.

outatime88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Total Drop
3/4
I agree with txgocart, except he picked his measurement points poorly. The top of the front marker is not level with the top of the tail light on the body. It would be better to measure at the body crease, because that is straight across.
Neither way will be accurate. The crease actually goes down gradually if you look at it from an angle so that won't work.

But I did measure it with a tape measure from the ground to the center of the wheel well on both front and rear and it seems like there is a 1/2-3/4" difference depending on which side of the car I was on. Then when I measure from the inner bottom(below door) from the front and rear tire there is 1" difference. I'm not really sure which is right. Maybe the body has a slight curve downward, but I'm pretty sure the wheel wells are the same.

I think it would be kind of silly to make a coil spacer out of washers for 1" though just to lift it in the front. But I swear I must be crazy because sometimes when I look at it, it looks like it needs more than that. Maybe it just has to do with the ground and where I park.

NoahS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Just speaking from experience I replaced my original coil springs with "leveling springs" that were advertised for 1-1.5" of lift and measuring from the ground to the top of the wheel well it gave me about 1.5" of lift which put the front higher than the rear, noticeably so. I was also lifting the rear so this wasn't an issue but I wouldn't recommend more than 1" just to level the bII

outatime88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Total Drop
3/4
Just speaking from experience I replaced my original coil springs with "leveling springs" that were advertised for 1-1.5" of lift and measuring from the ground to the top of the wheel well it gave me about 1.5" of lift which put the front higher than the rear, noticeably so. I was also lifting the rear so this wasn't an issue but I wouldn't recommend more than 1" just to level the bII
Ya 1.5 would probably be too much. I'll just do 1" I suppose and see how that looks.

Here is the link to mine that I just put leveling coils in:

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156409
Thanks for the link. Yours looks perfectly leveled out. I hoping to do something like that in the future when I have enough to buy new coils and such.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals