• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

turn signal problems

ks8780

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
New to me '98 Ranger.

Turn signals work fine until I turn the headlights on then left side works but right side has problems. front and rear RH bulbs will light, turn indicator on dash will light but nothing will blink. Also the tail lights will dim and the third brake light will go out.

Is the third brake light even supposed to be on with the tail lights?

I had it working for a little but now it is back to not working.

So headlights, or just the park lights, on and the RH turn signals will light but not blink. Third brake light is on with the park lights on and rear park lights, both sides, will dim an third brake light will go out. LH works fine

Ground ?

multi function switch?

GEM ?

This is driving me crazy !!!!!!

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Had the same issue with mine about a month ago. What I found my problem to be was the multi function switch. When i pulled that switch out there was so much dirt and dust in it I could plant the weed of your choice add water and watch it grow.

I just replaced mine and problem solved.

ks8780

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
update..kinda

I thought I had it fixed with a new multifunction switch but it did it again today.

any other ideas ?

Sometimes with the headlights on the 3rd brake light will come on and the rear tail and brake lights will also be on without touching the brakes. When this happens the left turn signal will work fine but the right will come on solid. Shut off the headlight and park lights and the turn signals work fine.

What would cause the park lights/headlights to illuminate the brake lights and 3rd brake light and also screw with the turn signals ?

I have checked bulbs and checked all the grounds I could find for the light systems. Where else to look ?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals