• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1984 atc125m

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It was my gf's grandfather's, she fussed to keep it at his farm sale. Needs some work, hasn't ran for 10-15 years and part of the transmission case broke off and needs welded back on (common I guess) And the plastic has seen a better day plus one tire keeps going down (I plugged one nail hole but it still goes down, I need to revisit that) Kinda cool it has electric start, the '81 110 we had growing up did not have that (didn't really need it either though) and I like that this one still has a pull rope too.

Anyway I thought it would be neat to restore/fix up since it is one of the few things she has from her grandpa and I could have it in the back of my Ranger is a period correct accessory at car shows. They looked the same in 1985.

Her dad took the footpegs and exhaust off when he diagnosed the tranny way back when, I have them and don't see the need to put them back on at the moment because the trans still needs fixed.

Someone had set a wagon on the front fender while it was in her dad's shed and cracked it.

No story on the rears, I wish I had the part that is missing from the left.

Factory rack opens up so you can get to the toolbox.

Anyway there is a mouse nest in the frame (coming out below the battery) and I am guessing it will need at least a battery and a carb cleaning to run, I can't figure out how to get the rear fender/seat off the thing. It feels like they want to come together but I don't want to force it and break more of it, anyone know what the secret is? Haven't found anything about it in the Clymers that came with it... so I guessing it is obviously easy and I am missing it.

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I went out Saturday and played with it some more. I found the lever right off.

Air filter has seen a better day.

That can't be good...

It ain't :annoyed:

The heart of the best on my truck tailgate. It really looked pretty good inside considering. Just a fine yellow dust all over, no varnish.

So now I am just going to clean the carb, throw a gasket kit, needle and seat and maybe a screen at it, get a plug and see if I can get it to run. Then address the fuel tank and trans.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I love these things! My uncle has a few of em up at his farm. Always ride em around when i'm up there. trikes are the best.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I love these things! My uncle has a few of em up at his farm. Always ride em around when i'm up there. trikes are the best.
I don't know if they are the best but they are a lot of fun.

Our 110 was helpless in deeper snow or real mud, the two rears couldn't push the front tire thru it. Gotta watch how full the sprayer is too.

But yeah, I can't wait to get this thing going. :yahoo:

Last edited:

Doofy

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Shit Happens...Then You Die.
Nice! Sold my wife's just last summer. $500 instant sale. I just couldn't believe how popular they still are. I bought a plastic welder and rod to repair a cracked fender and some red, large head pop rivets to reinforce the repair. What took the most time was soldering all the pinholes in the gas tank. Good luck on your project.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nice! Sold my wife's just last summer. $500 instant sale. I just couldn't believe how popular they still are. I bought a plastic welder and rod to repair a cracked fender and some red, large head pop rivets to reinforce the repair. What took the most time was soldering all the pinholes in the gas tank. Good luck on your project.
Yeah, I wish I had the rest of the one fender.

It is crazy what they still have for value... but I guess if you want one it isn't like you can run out and buy a new one.

I am hoping I find a parts machine tucked in the back of someone's machine shed... I have been inquiring at work with customers but nothing so far. Whole but ziptied together rear fenders are $200 on ebay...

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Since the 125 project is progressing so rapidly (it isn't, haven't found a parts machine yet) my wife decided I need one for our anniversary.

It is a '79 110, we had like a '82 110 growing up. Has two engines and in theory enough stuff to make it work, I started noticing the "good" engine has some differences after I got it home (front engine mount and attached pegs) so I poked around and I see it is actually a 90... so I guess he got me there.

If nothing else for $100 it has nice plastic, decent fuel tank and beautiful tires. :dntknw:

Kind of weird, I am only finding engine stuff for 1980 and newer... don't know if they changed something or if they forgot they came out in '79. :icon_confused:

Last edited:

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Cool! You got those " dangerous " atv's. They would properly complement my lawn darts. (Jarts)

This message composed solely of recycled electrons. Go green!

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Cool! You got those " dangerous " atv's. They would properly complement my lawn darts. (Jarts)

This message composed solely of recycled electrons. Go green!
Growing up I messed myself up worse with my dirtbike than the three wheeler. :icon_rofl:

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
It is crazy what they still have for value... but I guess if you want one it isn't like you can run out and buy a new one.

Actually, there's a guy that still has several Big Red models in the original Honda crates. Never fully assembled. Last time i checked (a few years ago) he still had half a pole barn full of them. The price he's asking keeps 99% of people from buying them, but he had sold quite a few. I need to see if I still have his email address laying around. He had a website at one time.

Another guy popped up several years ago with a brand new ATC250R still in the Honda crate. It eventually sold for $44,000

GB :)

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I just passed a yellow Kawasaki on the side of the road tonight.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Actually, there's a guy that still has several Big Red models in the original Honda crates. Never fully assembled. Last time i checked (a few years ago) he still had half a pole barn full of them. The price he's asking keeps 99% of people from buying them, but he had sold quite a few. I need to see if I still have his email address laying around. He had a website at one time.

Another guy popped up several years ago with a brand new ATC250R still in the Honda crate. It eventually sold for $44,000

GB :)
Those bigger ones are really nuts on pricing. I think the 110's were really common, they are all over the place. The bigger later ones (with the dampened forks) are very sought after.

I just passed a yellow Kawasaki on the side of the road tonight.
I have never been around one of those. Honda must have had a strong following around here, it is just about all there is.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Those bigger ones are really nuts on pricing. I think the 110's were really common, they are all over the place. The bigger later ones (with the dampened forks) are very sought after.

I have never been around one of those. Honda must have had a strong following around here, it is just about all there is.
Except for being yellow and sawing Kawasaki on the side, it looks identical to the ones you posted.

I was just passing by, but it looked like the cargo rack even opened.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I have a 350X in the garage, it's a monster compared to those old little guys, but the 200s is surprising what they will do, when my X was tired and on knobbies I was pretty close to my buddy with a 200s in the sand, he did have better tires, and at least 100lb less bike :)

There is a 125M in my back shed... it's pretty haggered though, and isn't mine... there's parts of a 185 and a cobbled together 200X and 200ES conglomeration that I want to get going one day...

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Year, it was towards the bottom of our pecking order.

My brother couldn't keep up with me on the 110 with his CT70. Same story when I got a XL350 and when he got the 110. Now he has a 660 Raptor that .is just freaking nuts...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals