• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.8 liter fuel issue

Leadchunker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have a 2.8l duraspark in my 84 B2. It was running fine then cut off. I have an electric fuel pump so I replaced it but I am not getting fuel from the fuel tank to the fuel pump. Any ideas would be very helpful.

the_novice

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
If you have a filter between the tank and pump check that first. Also my electric pump takes forever to prime if I don't disconnect the fuel line from the carb. Try disconnecting the line there and running the pump. If that doesn't work trace your fuel lines from the pump to the tank looking for leaks or wet spots. If it can suck air it won't draw fuel. Hope this helps.

Almost forgot. It could be that the tank isn't venting. Try removing the gas cap. And make sure there is fuel in the tank. I've overlooked that before.

Last edited:

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Is there a strainer on the suction tube in the tank try blowing air back into the tank? Make sure the fill cap is off.

snab07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.0l swap finally done!!
Transmission
Automatic
Try pressurizing the fuel tank with a little compressed air until you get fuel out of the pump inlet line. Just don't go crazy with the air pressure

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals