• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My new truck(some mini questions)

3.0ranger1227

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Wow haven't been on this site in forever - what's up guys.

Anyways yesterday I picked up a DD since my 03 is still taken apart. Saw this on CL and couldn't pass it up(especially not for $1500):

Quick specs as it sits:
4cyl 5spd 2wd
Manual locks, windows, steering, everything.
Bench seat needs some TLC
1 195/70/14, 2 205/70/14s, 1 215/70/14, and the spare is a 185 lol. Very confused tire situation.

Anyways I want to drop the rear to level it out, wondering if flipping the stock hangers is the simplest way to do it? Looks like the belltech 2" rear kit involves removing the rear hanger anyways, so no reason to spend more to get the same effect, right? Or is there something I'm missing.

Unless of course someone makes a drop shack that I can swap with 4 bolts. That would be better.

Thanks!

EDIT: random question of the day. Can you retrofit the later model shift boots with the cup holders onto these trucks?

Callout #7277 here: http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/PartDetail.aspx?n=KIB8LzH8uM91/8aJc5YMJA==&id=267353564&m=2&search=true&year=2001&make=Ford&model=Ranger

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals