• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2nd gen shackle flip question

1988broncoll

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 2nd gen ranger that is lowered (Was lowered when I bought it). It has drop beams in the front which I believe the front is lowered 3inches with the beams (I could be wrong). The back was lowered with flipping the spring hanger and shackle. I am not sure but Im guessing it would be lowered 4 inches in the rear? How much drop does that flip normally give? This is my first lowered truck so really dont know anything about them other then how it was lowered but dont know the specs on how low it is Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Drop beams yield 3" of drop in the front, flipping the rear shackles and hangers is about 2" when the beams are sold as a static drop kit (not for bagging or juice) most people order a axle flip kit for them which yields a 4" drop on 83-97. This would put your axle on top of the leaf springs. I would say if your truck has just the shackle flip down it probably has quite a bit of rake to it.

1988broncoll

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Was going to post a pic of it up but my camera is dead. Anyway sitting on a level surface I measured from the middle of both wheel wells down. The front was 24 inches from the ground and the back is 25 1/4 inches from the ground. The front tire size is 196-65-14 and the back tires are 235-60-14. So if I am still figuren right it should be a 3/4?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals