• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1998 Ranger XLT 4X4 Frame swap

CyberTech

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a 1998 Ranger XLT 4X4 that has a bad frame. I want to swap the frame out and I found a 1998 Ranger XLT 4X4 at our local alvage yard. The only difference I saw was that the one in the yard has a 3.0 liter motor versus mine which has the 4.0 liter engine (with engine dampner connected to frame). Has anyone every tried this type of swap before and do you know if there is a difference in the frames with a 3.0 liter versus a 4.0 liter?

chilsam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 branger
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
300 six
Transmission
Automatic
Do it

I have a 1998 Ranger XLT 4X4 that has a bad frame. I want to swap the frame out and I found a 1998 Ranger XLT 4X4 at our local alvage yard. The only difference I saw was that the one in the yard has a 3.0 liter motor versus mine which has the 4.0 liter engine (with engine dampner connected to frame). Has anyone every tried this type of swap before and do you know if there is a difference in the frames with a 3.0 liter versus a 4.0 liter?
Everything should "bolt holes for all motor mounts" swap over.These frames are coming down the assembly line and options have be installed quickly just make a template for the dampener "cardboard" using the bolt holes on the old frame "IF" they're not already there.:icon_welder:

CyberTech

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Everything should "bolt holes for all motor mounts" swap over.These frames are coming down the assembly line and options have be installed quickly just make a template for the dampener "cardboard" using the bolt holes on the old frame "IF" they're not already there.:icon_welder:
Good to know...thanks for the quick response.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals