• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

what years 3.0 will work and how

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
hey everyone figured out my motor is toast the knocking sound is def coming from the bottom end. so now i guess im in need of a motor. i called around and junkyards want $1100 for excact motor i have 00 ranger 3.0 flex. i know other year motors and stuff will work but how extensive would it be. are all short blocks the same for all the 3.0 can i get an older one for like 200 and put my heads and everything else on it. or what are my best options. thanks everyone in advance

Casper34

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
hey everyone figured out my motor is toast the knocking sound is def coming from the bottom end. so now i guess im in need of a motor. i called around and junkyards want $1100 for excact motor i have 00 ranger 3.0 flex. i know other year motors and stuff will work but how extensive would it be. are all short blocks the same for all the 3.0 can i get an older one for like 200 and put my heads and everything else on it. or what are my best options. thanks everyone in advance
I don't know if they are still around, the website is down, but I got a brand new short block for lime 650 plus shipping. It was from aaaaautomotive.com. I found them on ebay. I found the emails, I could pm you the guy I was talking to. Maybe get a motor from them, if they are around still.

Sent from my Ktweaked PACmaned SGS3!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals