• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

oil pan gasket

black_demon69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
is there any way to do it without pulling engine? it leaks and need to be replaced

rangeron33s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Is it a 2wd or 4x4? And 2wd can be done and so can the 4x4s. But with the 4x4s you need a swivel socket and a 1/4 inch drive tourque wrench for when it goes back on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

rangeron33s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Also wont be able to pull the pan all the way out. It will drop down just enough to figure the gasket down in the pan and around the oil pump and such.

black_demon69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Is it a 2wd or 4x4? And 2wd can be done and so can the 4x4s. But with the 4x4s you need a swivel socket and a 1/4 inch drive tourque wrench for when it goes back on

4x4 4.0l splash

black_demon69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Also wont be able to pull the pan all the way out. It will drop down just enough to figure the gasket down in the pan and around the oil pump and such.

not worried about taking pan completely out. however what about taking motor mounts loose and jacking up engine to gain a few more inches?

rangeron33s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Loosening the engine mounts is great idea. As long as you want to go through the pain the ass of getting to them. On my 2.9 I had to take off an exhaust manifold to get to the passenger side with 2 12 inch extensions.

cp2295

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L swap, 8.8 explorer axle, IFS front end
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you ain't first you're last
Be careful, idk if the tranny needs to be slightly separated from the engine too in order to clear the back end of the pan. And two bolts on the bell housing bolt into the oil pan so unbolt those of course, definitely should jack the engine up a little that'd make it a bit easier with clearance, and don't forget to put some black RTV on the timing chain cover connection and on the back side where the pan goes around the RMS!

Hitchner2009

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if you remove the 2 bolts that hold the transmission onto the oil pan, and take off the motor mount nuts, you can jack up the engine and place wood blocks in between where the engine mounts go and the engine to gain a few more inches. I found it easier to just remove all bellhousing bolts, back the tranny of out the back of the engine and then you can get even more clearance as the input shaft and bellhousing arnt causing you problems. It can easily be done in a day or two with this method.

will2045

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
lol honestly? I didn't lift the motor or any of that crap. took all the pan bolts off let it drop down a little bit cut the old gasket off cleaned it as best I could RTV the block side and put it back together, took half an hour lol. I wouldn't totally recommend this but for me and the motor that was in it, worked great.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals