• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Swick's Prerunner

Northern

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The back sits a weeeeeeeeeeee bit higher from the new leafs.

It was a great bey, if you didnt get them I would have...

swickwake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
we all know tha
Engine Size
4 Point Big O
Transmission
Automatic
^^^ haha correct. i got a pretty good deal on this set of g 50 packs. they lifted the rear enough to where i can see traffic and not asphalt through my rear viewing mirror.

swickwake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
we all know tha
Engine Size
4 Point Big O
Transmission
Automatic
messing around with a spare set of tires and also getting ideas of how i want my tire gates to look.

2004xlmiller

March 2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
a dual spare tire gate.. interesting..

swickwake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
we all know tha
Engine Size
4 Point Big O
Transmission
Automatic
some people will think im nuts

so far i have cut down the header panel to just the buckets. i have all the supplies to glass them in to the clip. i just need to settle on how i will do that.

swickwake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
we all know tha
Engine Size
4 Point Big O
Transmission
Automatic
this last weekend was a success. the plan was to make front end to look legal and get power to the head lights. (the lights are not in there final mounted location) next weekend im planing to get the mini fender mounted to the truck and get the body lines to line up with the stock metal.

if i have time i will make final decision on how i will mount the head lights. im debating on fully glassing the light buckets to the clip (lights go with the clip when it is taken off) or expand on the mounting system that is in use in the picture. (use the stock mount locations on the buckets and core support. lights stay on the truck when the clip is taken off)

Alix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
I'm interested in seeing how it turns out. That is one of the biggest debates I'm having with going to a full glass clip is wether to mount the lights to the clip or the truck.

swickwake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
we all know tha
Engine Size
4 Point Big O
Transmission
Automatic
I'm interested in seeing how it turns out. That is one of the biggest debates I'm having with going to a full glass clip is wether to mount the lights to the clip or the truck.
im glassing in the head light buckets. its been a major pain in the ass to uninstall and install the clip.

worked and sweated my ass off yesterday to install the mini fenders, final mount the hood pins, and open up the head light openings. i started around 9 am and ended and did not finish until 430 am. took a power nap for a couple hours and i was ready to go and attend a local car show with my whore with her new face lift.

checking the fitment of the mini fenders. had to do a lot of work to get them to line up close. i still need to do some final tweaks but that will have to wait

mounting the latches and the autofab fender bushings.

i got second in my division out of 5 cars. in total there were 150 cars and only 50 awards were given out. not to bad for the whore's first time.

im having some issues with my sd card reader so i can not upload the rest of the pics i have from the last two days. tomorrow i will work on glassing in the head light buckets.

swickwake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
we all know tha
Engine Size
4 Point Big O
Transmission
Automatic
updates are a happening. here are some teaser pictures.

ruffstuff frame notch kit. picked it up from a dr member and friend. tomorrow i will find out if i need to notch the frame. that is why the area that is to be notched is not welded. im mainly doing this to fix a crack on my driver side.

my grandpa has a 86 bronco 2 that has been sitting for a while. since that truck is never going to be driven again i went ahead and pulled the tank to i swap in to my truck.

due to all the work that is going on with the truck this week i will be rocking this look

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
Just found your build. Nice work.

swickwake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
we all know tha
Engine Size
4 Point Big O
Transmission
Automatic
^^ thank you

today was successful (kinda). i got the tank mounted and re-positioned my charcoal canister. once i did that i moved on to plumbing the tank. this is where i hit a brick wall. the diameter of the sender/pump on the B2 tank is smaller then the my sender/pump on my oem tank. im not to happy but im going to enjoy figuring out this problem.

does not hang to low

i plated the driver side frame but i still need to add a little piece to finish it off. i was not able to get to cycle my g 50 to find bump and full drop.

chupacabra hunter

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
If I had a shell would mount spares on top. It's some heavy lifting but it's good for ya!

swickwake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
we all know tha
Engine Size
4 Point Big O
Transmission
Automatic
im cool with either set up. the design concept of the gates is a little more fun to figure out.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals