• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

coil?

'rubbin'racing89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
ok i have a question..i replace my motor after a throw a rod in the other one..well before i put it in i change the plugs..well when i drive down the road it welll runn fine then u can feel it starting missing..well i give it some gas and u can feel not miss like it start losing power then i have it some gas boom the power comes back..but and ideas

cargs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
check the coil. i had the same problem on my 93. my coil was loose around the iron core and it missed once in a while. eventually the coil died and i could barely start it. i thoguht it was my MSD ignition acting up but i took it out of the loop and the stock ignition wouldn't even start the engine. i replaced the coil and it was as good as new!

check the coil for mechanical damage/wear.
check the coil electrically too, the shop manual should have the specs on the resistances. measure it with a multimeter.

also check the plug wires, i like to put a bit of silicone semi-conductive grease on each plug connector.

i just noticed that you have a 98, so you have coil packs instead of a single one?

'rubbin'racing89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
it was a bad wire..i check my check light and it said miss fire for number 2..so i swap wires from 2 to 3 and then check it again and it said miss fire for number 3..so getting a new set friday

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals