• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tony Stewart killed Kevin Ward Jr

Kowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
I applaud Jim's motivation to write out about Kevin ward Jr. was murdered and agree.

Whenever there is temptation to join the crowd that loves to talk about Kevin (which the public is using him as a present to the media) how that he was young, stupid. Darwin winner, wore black outfit, etc. Remember we have an example pointing in the other direction; Tony Stewart !

The fact remains that he is an adult and should be teaching "about racing & life". Again, Jim showed facts in chronological order about the "superstar" having outbursts & temper tantrums. Why Tony was still racing is beyond me-
Are you for real!!

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Will, I agree that this would make racing safer, which is exactly why we need to not do it. We need to stop making things safer. In fact, I have recently started advocating a decade long period where we remove all the warning labels from stuff. Let's weed out the morons, like Ward, who would get out of their car on an active race track, feel the need to use the toaster or hair drier in the bath tub, or would actually attempt to stop the chain on a chain saw with their tongue or genitals. These people need to get out of the gene pool.
It's not about stupid. I agree with you on the warning labels. It's simply about the fact that someone died and someone else was involved. There needs to be an inquiry, the results put before a jury--even if just the coroner's jury. If it were my son, I would want this. If they say it was an accident and Stewart wasn't involved, I would forgive him and move on. Put all these experts under oath, bring in some witnesses, let the people decide. Ward wasn't a moron, he was an ultra-competitor who was pissed off. You don't get to be a race driver, or any other top competitor, without passion. He would not have gone out there on a normal day. By the same token, Stewart is an old dog out to show up the pups. It's very possible he was going to show his scorn by buzzing the kid. I'm not saying he did that, but it's possible. Since it's possible, and if he did it would be manslaughter, and that's a crime. Tony Stewart has 30 years of racing under his belt. Hard to imagine him having an accidental throttle blip, though it's possible he did. If even for Stewart's own good, let him be cleared by a jury, not by saying there isn't enough evidence to pursue it. If a jury clears him, he'll be better off than if he walks around with half of us thinking he made a deliberate attempt to intimidate his opponent with a car and accidentally killed him.

I have nothing against Stewart. He's from my neighborhood and his property borders my Brown County land. he doesn't know me of course, but we are still neighbors. I hope it was a total accident. But I don't think it was.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I disagree Will. I can think of many many situations where someone died, another person was involved, and no charges were filed, no juries involved, and none were needed. All of them were either cases of clear cut self defense, or the dead guy was doing something really stupid. I would say this case very easily falls into that second category

A guy wrecks, caused by someone else or not, then he gets out of his car and runs out onto the track. Tell me how that is not really stupid.

I leave you with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Obm6bEH80

chvlfrk

December 2010 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 5.0L
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Tire Size
235/70R15 front / 275/60R15 rear
Just curious>>>

I've seen all the "Amature" videos and you see a blue car just barely miss Kevin Jr. ahead of Tony.......if he would of hit Ward, would it of been such a BIG media deal? Probably NOT, BUT since its Tony Stewart, the sh*t hits the fan and fingers get pointed! One of the drivers 3 cars behind Tony said that Tony did all he could to miss Ward.

If you've never been in one of those kinda cars, you don't have a clue as to the limited visibility out the right side........watchin the videos, it looks like lack of lighting on the track, a black drivers suit, and Tony saw Ward at the last second when the blue car just missed Ward, and Tony clipped him.

SUKS, cause if Ward of stayed in his car, got pushed back to the pits for tires, and he'd of been back out racin......but he got STUPID and UNFORTUNATELY it cost him his life!

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
Tony will have to live the rest of his life knowing he killed someone. I think that's harsh enough. The guy made the mistake of getting out of the car.

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It's simply about the fact that someone died and someone else was involved. There needs to be an inquiry, the results put before a jury--even if just the coroner's jury. If it were my son, I would want this. If they say it was an accident and Stewart wasn't involved, I would forgive him and move on. Put all these experts under oath, bring in some witnesses, let the people decide. Ward wasn't a moron, he was an ultra-competitor who was pissed off. You don't get to be a race driver, or any other top competitor, without passion. He would not have gone out there on a normal day. By the same token, Stewart is an old dog out to show up the pups. It's very possible he was going to show his scorn by buzzing the kid. I'm not saying he did that, but it's possible. Since it's possible, and if he did it would be manslaughter, and that's a crime. Tony Stewart has 30 years of racing under his belt. Hard to imagine him having an accidental throttle blip, though it's possible he did. If even for Stewart's own good, let him be cleared by a jury, not by saying there isn't enough evidence to pursue it. If a jury clears him, he'll be better off than if he walks around with half of us thinking he made a deliberate attempt to intimidate his opponent with a car and accidentally killed him.
I'm pretty sure a decent lawyer would argue that manslaughter shouldn't be an option since the victim was willingly participating in a very risky activity (racing), and took the initiative to get out of his vehicle and approach moving traffic. Typically, a vehicluar manslaughter charge is brought when the victim is totally random, and unsuspecting (such as someone being hit by a drunk driver while driving to work), not an active participant in a dangerous activity. They'd argue that Mr. Ward assumed the risk, and all associated risks simply by racing in the first place. He increased those risks substantially when he exited his perfectly safe car under his own inclination.

Kowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
I'm pretty sure a decent lawyer would argue that manslaughter shouldn't be an option since the victim was willingly participating in a very risky activity (racing), and took the initiative to get out of his vehicle and approach moving traffic. Typically, a vehicluar manslaughter charge is brought when the victim is totally random, and unsuspecting (such as someone being hit by a drunk driver while driving to work), not an active participant in a dangerous activity. They'd argue that Mr. Ward assumed the risk, and all associated risks simply by racing in the first place. He increased those risks substantially when he exited his perfectly safe car under his own inclination.
What he said!!!

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
I'm late to the thread.........but I'm old enough to remember that drivers DIDN'T clip another driver without being "chewed-out" or suspended by the officials.

Years later....I remember what's his name bumping another NASCAR driver to take the lead and won the race.....that started all the MESS!

Now-a -days............. we're down to Saturday night/dirt-track in the cow pasture antics at any and every race!

When I was a kid, I was amazed at race car crashes..........

Now that I'm "grown up"----I HATE to see race accidents, but I still amazed----I'm amazed at the stupidity of a few drivers involved in a great Sport that is dangerous enough as it is!

God help em all!

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Stewart cleared by grand jury, reports show Ward was high on pot.

"Toxicology reports revealed Kevin Ward Jr., was under the influence of marijuana on the night he was stuck and killed by a sprint car driven by Tony Stewart, Ontario County (N.Y.) District Attorney Michael Tantillo said Wednesday.

At a news conference to announce that a grand jury had declined to indict Stewart in Ward's death, Tantillo said the level of marijuana in Ward's system was high enough to impair judgment.

Dave

chvlfrk

December 2010 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 5.0L
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Tire Size
235/70R15 front / 275/60R15 rear
Wonder why it had to go to GJ before that came out.....seems to me coulda saved alotta "Politically Correct" red tape and grief for TS if that woulda come out when it was actually found... Don't take that long to find drugs!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals