• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Carb ?? during B2 2.8 duraspark conv

kd5jnx

The original carb is a feedback, so it is not receiving data from the EEC. Can the original carb be used when doing a 2.8 DS conversion? I cant find a carb anywhere in my area and I just dont have the funds right now to get the holley replacement and I want to get this going before the snow flies.

Any help is much appreciated.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
You just have to make a manual metering block to replace the mixture control solenoid on the rear of the carb. costs next to nothing and can be made with common hand tools in very little time. Instructions and pictures should be on the site somewhere but I can never find them. I should have them on one of the computers somewhere, if nobody comes in with a location I'll find them and email them to you.

kd5jnx

Thanks, I got the link with your info from another member on my post for parts. Good write up and definitely the way I'm going.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals