• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford Ranger 99 XLT Door Panel Wiring

Scettles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
My stock doors are all manual stuff. I got actuators and a nice power window kit that already comes with buttons and what not... went to junkyard today and found me the black trim piece for a power door panel with the stock buttons. I have all the buttons now and cut the wires in the door. Does anyone have a wire diagram for the locks and windows so I know which wires these buttons will need to be run to my actuators/power windows. Also am going to pick up some power mirrors cause it has the button for that as well but not as pressing.

don4331

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Are you installing Ford power windows/locks/mirrors or aftermarket?

You need far more than just the wiring in the doors for Ford power accessories.

There's a relay box in the dash and the GEMS needs to have programming for power windows for everything to work correct. (And it will need a "personality module" if you want to add power locks with remote control).

If you were doing it 'by the book'; you should have disconnected the wires under the dash when you were pulling the regulators. :)

I have my '98 dash apart for just this upgrade; will send pictures and wiring diagrams in a couple days.

Scettles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Not by the book or stock i guess.. just the stock buttons. I have a aftermarket window and power lock kit that will work work with after market actuators i have for keyless entry.. but wanting to tie the actuators into the stock unlock button as well. i have my relays fuses and what not knowing have to run all that... i just have the stock buttons from junkyard with the stock adapter that have all the wires... just need to know which wire is which so i can know which wires to plug into from my aftermarket kit...

if that makes sense lol

joey7478

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 ranger
Make / Model
1990 ranger
Transmission
Automatic
door wiring

Are you installing Ford power windows/locks/mirrors or aftermarket?

You need far more than just the wiring in the doors for Ford power accessories.

There's a relay box in the dash and the GEMS needs to have programming for power windows for everything to work correct. (And it will need a "personality module" if you want to add power locks with remote control).

If you were doing it 'by the book'; you should have disconnected the wires under the dash when you were pulling the regulators. :)

I have my '98 dash apart for just this upgrade; will send pictures and wiring diagrams in a couple days.
I was wondering do the doors unplug under dash? Thanks Joey!

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
The Rat has roll ups and manual locks. It is one of its better features. The only wires are for the speaker, My first car in ages without power doors. :D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals