• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.5 randomly acting out

chrisbarry454

Reaction score
I have a 2.5 ranger and my battery fell over and shorted out on the ac Compressor. Okay so no problem grab a new battery smack it in. Well on my hour ride home i noticed my speedo going nuts especially if i touch the brakes. So then this morning i wake up and drive it to go get coffee and it dies out and is running super rich not to mention it’s leaking brake fluid (and when i say leaking it looks to be a high pressure spray.)from either the abs or the master it’s self. Got it up and running but with a huge miss. Drive back home running like ass and when i take it out of gear the rpms spike way high (4,500) and it has no power 1,000-2,500 and won’t start. Well after replacing my tps and maf sensor it’s started to run better. well just last week after running it a little hard cause i was late to work it’s started to run like total shit. When i take it out of gear rpms shoot up to about 4K and stay there till i come to a complete stop. And if i put it into any gear and my rpms are below 1,500 it acts like it has a two step or a fuel cut off. Btw my gages are still acting crazy. Any idea what could be going on. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals