• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The 92 2wd Explorer

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah I'm going later to talk to my insurance agent with Police Report in hand. See what he says. He's an old family friend that's honest with us instead of trying to make a few extra dollars. Might even go talk to a lawyer friend of mine to.

Things happen. Still makes me mad tho. It's crazy to have to worry about hitting phone lines. What's even worse is after you stop and you don't know if it's power lines or phone lines. You always hear don't get out if its power lines! I had no way of knowing in the dark (other than I didn't see flashing or sparks)

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
working on the "new" fender..

opened a claim with AT&T today about the down line and the accident.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yeah I'm going later to talk to my insurance agent with Police Report in hand. See what he says. He's an old family friend that's honest with us instead of trying to make a few extra dollars. Might even go talk to a lawyer friend of mine to.

Things happen. Still makes me mad tho. It's crazy to have to worry about hitting phone lines. What's even worse is after you stop and you don't know if it's power lines or phone lines. You always hear don't get out if its power lines! I had no way of knowing in the dark (other than I didn't see flashing or sparks)
i'm an insurance adjuster, the only way the power company or phone company would pay for your damage is if it is found out that the line was sagging due to their negligence (or one of their employees). if yall had storms or wind and the line was blown loose or something, then they wont see it as their fault and they wont pay you. not that it isnt worth looking into, just dont get your hopes up. retaining a lawyer wouldnt be worth it either. it would cost you more to pay him that to get all the new parts lol.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
yeah I know.

however... there was a broken telephone pole that had been REMOVED and never replaced. so there was a span of what should have been 3 poles where there were only 2.... the middle pole was GONE!

and I don't have plans of getting a lawyer or fighting it. Just saying I have a friend that's a lawyer and will be getting his input if needed. He doesn't charge me for "informal" conversations lol

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
This explorer treated me awesome but in the end it got sold away... after fixing it I drove it a long time. It cleaned up nice and never let me down but life got in the way and needed to thin my herd some.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals