• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

07 OEM Step/Nerf bars on 95

four100d

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50-15
I have searched the forums and found some info, but I was wondering if anyone has installed 98+ Ext. Cab OEM nerf bars on a 93-97 Ext. Cab? And if anyone has any pics and info how they done it?

I found a post by "krugford" where he installed some on a 92 ranger, but there were no pics, and it looks like krugford has not been on TRS in a few months.

I'm sure I can figure out something on my own, but it would be helpful to have the experience and knowledge of someone who has already done it... :)

Here are the bars I got:

I'm going to install the chrome bars. The black bars I got for just a little more, so I went ahead and got them so I could have the extra mounting brackets in case I needed to modify them.

four100d

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50-15
Anyone??? Bump... :)

pintobobster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
yeah,

I would like to know also

BUMP!!

I have searched the forums and found some info, but I was wondering if anyone has installed 98+ Ext. Cab OEM nerf bars on a 93-97 Ext. Cab? And if anyone has any pics and info how they done it?

I found a post by "krugford" where he installed some on a 92 ranger, but there were no pics, and it looks like krugford has not been on TRS in a few months.

I'm sure I can figure out something on my own, but it would be helpful to have the experience and knowledge of someone who has already done it... :)

Here are the bars I got:

I'm going to install the chrome bars. The black bars I got for just a little more, so I went ahead and got them so I could have the extra mounting brackets in case I needed to modify them.

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
I took mine off my 07, and from what I can understand the brackets are not the same and won't fit looking at fords diagram for the earlier models. But I haven't actually tried putting them on an earlier model.

four100d

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50-15
I used 4 pieces of flat steel bolted to the rear brackets and the cab subframe. They installed slightly lower than I would have liked, but it was a simple solution. I used washers on the front brackets as spacers to help level it out.

I first bolted the front bracket on and sit a tool box and some wood underneath the rear of the stepbar to figure out where to drill the first hole. It was a pain because there was not much room to drill.

I then bolted the small vertical flat steel to the truck and the step bar and leveled it out. At that point they were mounted but there wasn't much support in the rear so through trial and error and a another piece of flat steel, I bent the steel until it lined up decent with the cab frame rail (not main frame). Drilled my holes, painted the bent steel pieces and bolted it up.

The pics below I took with my cell a good while back and they are the only ones I have, as I have since taken the bars off and sold the truck.

There may be someone out there that has a better way, but this worked for me...

The pic above is what the bars looked like on my truck using the flat steel. At the time I weighed around 150 and they seemed fine for me. But I do not know how they would handle a larger person...

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals