• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Clear side marker lights for 87 B2

87steelhorseII

Reaction score
Under the Carolina Moon and Palmetto Tree (SC)
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
I know this has been talked about a few years back and I did not see anything recent.

Does anyone know who all may sell the clear side marker lights for the 1st gen B2/Ranger? I know LMC has them but there price seams a little high.

Just picked up a set of clear tail lights and will be getting the clear turn signals shortly.

87steelhorseII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
I believe I am mistaken about LMC. I believe those are the turn signal lights and not the side maker lights. Their description is custom parklight and I confussed the too.

But any help with the clear side marker lights would be greatly appreciated.

old guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
LMC truck only has the clear park and turn in clear, every once in a while I see them up on ebay, There is a kit out there that you can buy to make your own it runs about $60.00 for the casting rubber and the resin to cast clear lens it its by ALUMILITE. I know of some people in the clasic car world who have used it to make new lens for hard to find tail lights and it does work good but is a pain in the rear to work with.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
good luck finding the side fender lights in clear...

if you find them, PLEASE let me know so I can get a spare set for my B2. I found them on eBay years ago and never seen them since.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
They look awesome

*shameless pic whoring of my B2*

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
The best look is to get rid of them completely, ala EB. That's what I will be doing once my new shop is up and functional. Then I'll put an early 289 emblem in the same location.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
for legal reasons in most states, you cannot...
you have to have a side visible marker light...

Lil-Pony

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Take a Guess
Engine Size
2.8 soon to be 4bt
Transmission
Automatic
How about shave them then mount cooler surface mount markers? Or custom recessed markers... Wait even better, the gen one bronco emblem mounted on clear or amber plexi glass that is led illuminated and is in the shape of the emblem... Hmm i think i just found another project...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Well of course I know that, it started in 1968. But do you really expect to get pulled over for that? Someone will really know or notice enough? Not around here.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
there are towns I drive through that would... lol

not to mention the safety aspect of it... I like to be seen, I drive in Memphis at night around a bunch of idiots. The more likely I am to be seen, the better, fo' sho'

I like the lit up Bronco idea... I thought about shaving mine and then doing some smooth top recessed LEDs for markers. Then realized that's to much work on a fender that I might dent up.

87steelhorseII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
4.0B2, are your side markers for sale or are you just trying to make me jealous? :drool:

Don't hold out on us! You have to tell us were you got them from.

But seriously though, if you don't mind, look on the side of them and see if there might be a part number. We might be able to google that and come up with the manufacturer or something close.

Thanks for the pic; great looking B2 also!

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
I've already tried.. they came from eBay SEVERAL years ago.... they are not marked other than "Made in China" (of course). I've had so many people ask that I pulled one out to look but there are no markings or anything. My eBay account doesn't go that far back to show the seller or anything. I have NO way of figuring it out....

thanks for the compliments.

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
I'm not into "glitz" LEDs are for kids :icon_idea: unless they are to replace an element bulb.

And as far as illegal . . running clear lights when they should be amber is illegal too. There was also a time when no one used anything but a sealed beam headlight. The lights used in Europe were a no- no. So lot's have changed. I don't give enough credit to an official in knowing my vehicle should or should not have had a side light . . when it is going to look totally stock once it is done. THere's probably something in the books saying I can't use the '61 grille that is in my Ranger or my '66 EB Grill in my BII . . but nothing has ever been said by the locals.

Last edited:

87steelhorseII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
Ok, so after I started this thread I thought about emailing the person I just purchased a set of the clear tail lights for my B2 and asked that he check with his supplier. Before I had purchased the tail lights I missed a sale where he only had a couple of sets left and I emailed him then to see if his supplier had anymore tail lights available and he was able to get a couple more sets.

Here is his response concerning the clear side markers:

"We stop making these but we do still might have a few sets left, If one of the members you know is interested on doing a group order, let me know and i can try to see how many are left that we can sell them to them because one they are gone that will be it since these will no longer be made and contact me if they are interested, thank you"

If anyone has any specific questions that you would like for me to ask, please respond and I will send it to him. Typically when I email him he responds late in the evening EST and he is on the west coast so I may not be able to post a response until the following day but he has been pretty good about responding to my emails.

I will wait for some responses here before posting a new thread.

Also for info purposes, my clear tail lights were made in mexico per the sticker on the back.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals