• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

upper coolant pipe

grzmnky

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 06 mazda 2300 auto. what is the coolant pipe called and or part number for the pipe that the upper radiator hose connects to? it runs to the back of the intake or head. it had a bubble in the black paint that I popped and coolant came out. im afraid it is rusting from the inside out or something. has anyone replaced this before or had similar issues? thanks!

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It sounds like the "coolant bypass hose", but nothing on mine was painted on that side of the engine, it was just black rubber, so I'm not sure that's what you're talking about. To be sure, The upper radiator hose stops at the thermostat housing in the block. From there, coolant runs through a slightly smaller diameter line down the drivers side of the block into a "Tee". One branch of the "Tee" connects to the back of the cylinder head, while the other runs behind the head, and then up the passenger side of the engine (between the block and exhaust manifold) and then cuts over to the coolant resevoir on the passenger fender. Is that the part you're talking about?

If so, Its a dealer only part commonly called the coolant bypass hose, but I'm not sure if that's the official Ford name for it. You can see it pictured in the lower left of this drawing labeled 8C633:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2683/4169865671_e226c978a6.jpg

Mine recently ruptured, and it's a major pain to replace. The exhaust manifold must be removed, and pulling the intake manifold off makes it much easier to remove and replace everything from the back of the cylinder head. The part cost is around $100. The shop I had look at it quoted me $900+ because of all the labor involved. It took me a day and a half.

grzmnky

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
its actually part # 8592 in that picture... i found out some more info and finally found it late last night

or motorcraft part #RH91

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals