Home Ford Ranger Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum  

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Non Truck Discussions > The Tailgate

The Tailgate Off-topic forum. Some posts may be NSFW / NSFK.

To post in the Tailgate forum you must be a member of the Tailgate Usergroup. Click HERE to join the Tailgate Usergroup.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
CHKNFKR

Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Spending my hard earned cash
CHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant future
Default ticks

Apparently it's that time of year around here. In three days i've found two ticks on me. My job requires me to bushwhack 10 - 12 hours a day so i suppose a tick or two should be expected. I cover up and tuck my shirt and pantlegs in as recommended, inspect daily, and am about to pick up a tick specific repellant. Anyone out there have any tips or tricks to keeping them away to begin with? How about removing them a little easier when they do attach themselves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel3507 View Post
This pick up makes my pecker perk up
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaii View Post
all my layout,bend allowances,and cuts are figured out using a neural cognitive software system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by super91(2.3) View Post
I can see myself goin to the gas station now and buying under a dollars worth of diesel and just dispensing it right onto my body...
CHKNFKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')
Old 06-18-2011, 09:03 PM   #2
mn_smokeater

Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle Model: F150 SuperCab XLT FX4 Offroad
I use this vehicle for: Daily Driver
mn_smokeater is a splendid one to beholdmn_smokeater is a splendid one to beholdmn_smokeater is a splendid one to beholdmn_smokeater is a splendid one to beholdmn_smokeater is a splendid one to beholdmn_smokeater is a splendid one to beholdmn_smokeater is a splendid one to beholdmn_smokeater is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to mn_smokeater Send a message via Yahoo to mn_smokeater

take a handwash in Cattle pesticide like the farmers do. ticks will find you blood distastful

you may experience some side effects...like shortening life span but hey its tick free!

Build Thread!!!!! Click Me!!!
mn_smokeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
Brick+Truck=Good
Premium Member

Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Make: FORD
Vehicle Model: RANGER
I use this vehicle for: Take out my frustrations on
Brick+Truck=Good is just really niceBrick+Truck=Good is just really niceBrick+Truck=Good is just really niceBrick+Truck=Good is just really nice

Deet does a pretty good job. As far as removing the ticks, tweezers are best. You could always pour some deisel over them, it sterilizes and kills.

EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO MY OPINION.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOld85BlueBalls View Post
Have you ever been to a gay BBQ? No? Good because all their hotdogs taste like poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88_Eddie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mud junky View Post
what the hell does spelling have to do with intelligence?
iph yue kant cpell itt maks yue luk lik a reatard.
Brick+Truck=Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:34 PM   #4
7.5L_STX

Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Model: Ranger Supercab STX
I use this vehicle for: Lawn Ornament....
7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold

tape your pantlegs inside your boots.....obviously use duct tape lol. weve been dealin with ticks for about a month already. ive already found countless ticks on me and my dogs.

My Ranger Is Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn_smokeater View Post
what the hell you think your doing ya dang yooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsm08 View Post
What is "facebook"?
7.5L_STX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:43 PM   #5
super91(2.3)

Vehicle Year: 1991/1996
Vehicle Make: ford/ford
Vehicle Model: ranger/ranger
I use this vehicle for: SOLD/everything
super91(2.3) has much to be proud ofsuper91(2.3) has much to be proud ofsuper91(2.3) has much to be proud ofsuper91(2.3) has much to be proud ofsuper91(2.3) has much to be proud ofsuper91(2.3) has much to be proud ofsuper91(2.3) has much to be proud ofsuper91(2.3) has much to be proud ofsuper91(2.3) has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick+Truck=Good View Post
Deet does a pretty good job. As far as removing the ticks, tweezers are best. You could always pour some deisel over them, it sterilizes and kills.
I can see myself goin to the gas station now and buying under a dollars worth of diesel and just dispensing it right onto my body...
Remember on the prescription bottles how it said "Do not operate heavy machinery" Let's just pretend TRS is heavy machinery
super91(2.3) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:43 PM   #6
CHKNFKR

CHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant future

I usually see them before they find skin. I can't even begin to count the ones i've picked off my jeans and killed. Its just bothering me that some are getting through. I guess i should consider myself lucky that i caught them early on before they became a problem.

Quote:
Quote:
all my layout,bend allowances,and cuts are figured out using a neural cognitive software system.
Quote:
Old 06-18-2011, 10:49 PM   #7
robertc1024

Vehicle Year: nada
Vehicle Model: 2008 F150
I use this vehicle for: teach my boys to not get rid of a Ranger.
robertc1024 has a reputation beyond reputerobertc1024 has a reputation beyond reputerobertc1024 has a reputation beyond reputerobertc1024 has a reputation beyond reputerobertc1024 has a reputation beyond reputerobertc1024 has a reputation beyond reputerobertc1024 has a reputation beyond reputerobertc1024 has a reputation beyond reputerobertc1024 has a reputation beyond reputerobertc1024 has a reputation beyond reputerobertc1024 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't frck around with them man. you don't want Lymes disease. That stuff is baaaaad.
robertc1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:55 PM   #8
CHKNFKR

Quote:
sigged

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc1024 View Post
Don't frck around with them man. you don't want Lymes disease. That stuff is baaaaad.
This is why i posted.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #9
Brick+Truck=Good
Premium Member

Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Make: FORD
Vehicle Model: RANGER
I use this vehicle for: Take out my frustrations on
Brick+Truck=Good is just really niceBrick+Truck=Good is just really niceBrick+Truck=Good is just really niceBrick+Truck=Good is just really nice

I would suggest using deisel applied with a cotton swab/ball after they bite. Like 7.5 said, tape your pants inside. Use tape, tuck, tall boots pulled tight, etc. Be sure to coat yourself/clothes in deet or a tick spray with deet or permethrin in it, the bugs tend to catch wiff of it and fall away. Permethrin is used in cat/dog flea and tick shampoo. It will kill them, however, if your work clothes are treated, they will leave you alone. You could get a tick collar to hang on your belt, which also deters them. "Preven-tick" is the collar you buy from the vet for pretty cheap and lasts for 3 months.

EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO MY OPINION.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOld85BlueBalls View Post
Have you ever been to a gay BBQ? No? Good because all their hotdogs taste like poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88_Eddie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mud junky View Post
what the hell does spelling have to do with intelligence?
iph yue kant cpell itt maks yue luk lik a reatard.
Brick+Truck=Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:14 PM   #10
super91(2.3)

Vehicle Year: 1991/1996
Vehicle Make: ford/ford
Vehicle Model: ranger/ranger
I use this vehicle for: SOLD/everything
super91(2.3) has much to be proud ofsuper91(2.3) has much to be proud ofsuper91(2.3) has much to be proud ofsuper91(2.3) has much to be proud ofsuper91(2.3) has much to be proud ofsuper91(2.3) has much to be proud ofsuper91(2.3) has much to be proud ofsuper91(2.3) has much to be proud ofsuper91(2.3) has much to be proud of

Brick, you seem to have an expertise in pest deterrence.
Remember on the prescription bottles how it said "Do not operate heavy machinery" Let's just pretend TRS is heavy machinery
super91(2.3) is offline   Reply With Quote