• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

"Back in the day" Old fart rants.

Turbroke

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 EFI Turbo
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Never attribute to malice things that are better explained by stupidity.
So much for the "Back in the day" Old fart rants thread looks like it's been hijacked by a young wannabe...:thefinger:
These young whippersnappers today with their fancy i-things, video games and Facebook updates have got their heads so far up their own rectums they can't... Ah, what's the point. Back in the day I walked seven miles to the general store for a piece of gum and a soda just for fun. We played with sticks and rocks and whatever discarded crap we found laying around and were never bored. WE LOVED IT! Cap guns, fireworks and a pocket knife provided days of fun, and we actually hung out together! Not sit in the same room and text the kid sitting right across from us in some strange foreign language. What the F#%& does "OMG ur bff is whack I'll ttyl lmao rofl" mean??? They should actually put their face in a book and learn how to speak English since "common core" decided there are no such things as wrong answers in public school anymore. We can't have that poor idiot kid's self esteem damaged, or made to feel inferior by the that smart kid who studies his ass off and actually learns. NO!!! We'll make sure they're all equally as stupid as one another so... Ahhh!!!Pffft!!! To hell with it! What's the point!!!!

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I actually just watched that entire video...well, I was doing something else while it played and I got snippets of information. I actually had to look at the screen to see if the guy was smiling or even laughing at some of the things he said...

Anyway...Mike has a video fetish...lol...not unlike many of our own fetishes...like how we pine for the old days simply because they were, well, simpler. I remember hearing things from people when I was a kid on how the youth of today wouldn't know what to do if it wasn't for TV and telephones...you know, the old B&W and the rotary models that we thought back then were simply marvelous...

I didn't use the phone much and I only got to watch the TV when my parents said I could...there was a coat hanger or belt with my butt's name on it if I tried anything like a "smart alec" remarks...I still though...remember the phone number from when I was 5 or 6 years old...

I used to recite it so I could tell someone I needed to call home in case of emergency or I got picked up by the fuzz...and that really does hurt...I'm sure many remember that old joke...

Speaking of old jokes...does anyone remember how we used to make a hormone? Kick her....

That's something I miss...we used to be able to tell jokes about just about anything and nobody got mad...well, maybe the targets of the jokes...but I didn't see anyone as being inferior...and I had plenty of jokes tossed my way...I admit that I started ignoring some people because they didn't know when to stop...unless someone belted them...

That's another expression that has faded...belting someone...proving that they can take the words out of our mouths and maybe even our minds...but they can't change the barbarian within...

Turbroke

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 EFI Turbo
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Wow! (914)361-2321 I can't believe I still remember that. I've had dozens of phone numbers over the years and can't remember one of them. It took me a several months just to remember my own cell number, but I still remember the one I learned when I was 4 years old and never used again after 1978. Amazing. Thanks for pointing that out Mark88. And as for the video, I listened to it in the background and thought; hmm, :icon_confused: sounds like the way communists talk about capitalists today. Ooops....Did I say that out loud? Things sure have changed.

Turbroke

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 EFI Turbo
Transmission
Manual
My credo
I have been a professional musician (among other things) since 1987. I've worked in public amongst large crowds, and watched society change from a stage. I know I often sound like a bitter, aging man rebelling against change and pining for "simpler times. It is partially true; however, the once vibrant, excited, engaged and hopeful (and often law breaking in a harmless ways) crowds I once entertained became a room full of zombies, who are afraid of the world, each-other, the law and seem rather disengaged and/or depressed. (Or oppressed) It happened before my eyes; perhaps it's the reason I'm particularly sensitive to the changes. I used to love playing in the clubs, but don't anymore. Only concert or theatre type engagements now; very impersonal and separate performer/audience relationship. I miss being part of the audience as well as being the performer. We are all miles away from one another now. Alone together. Too bad so many folks see the transference of authority as normal. I reckon public education did a good job of molding "productive citizens." Amazing.

Here's a rant. During the cold war my school held regular nuclear attack drills as well as your typical fire drills. The alarm would go off and we would all be herded into the hallway and made to sit, back to the wall with our heads between our knees and hands covering them. (So we could kiss our ass goodbye I reckon) We were taught to fear and resist this "evil system" of our enemy that threatened our American ideals and way of life, so excuse my shock and disbelief that I see that same "evil" that was described to me back then in my own country today. Apparently, I didn't hear the news that we lost that war. I was never big on TV or radio. OH!!! That's why I'm so disgruntled. I'll get some re-programing and get back to you when I feel "better."

Here's a rant. During the cold war along with the standard "fire drills" we also had regular, nuclear attack drills in my school. The alarm would sound and we would be herded into the hallway and made to sit against the wall with our arms over our heads which were held down, tucked between our knees. (So we could kiss our ass goodbye I reckon) We were taught to fear and resist the enemy of our American ideals. Ironic thing is the "evil" they described to us is exactly what I see happening before my eyes today in this very country, so excuse my shock and disbelief. I guess I never got the news that we lost that war. I don't watch tv or listen to the radio much. OH!!! That's what's the matter with me.

Last edited:

Mickey Bitsko

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
live everyday like your gonna die tomorrow
Welcome to you tube theater, Mike Tonon, it that all you got...?

Pretty original...:icon_thumby:

Mickey Bitsko

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
:icon_rofl:Young man , tsk tsk..... you like to start arguments....nice try though:icon_thumby:

Mike Tonon

:icon_rofl:Young man , tsk tsk..... you like to start arguments....nice try though:icon_thumby:
I like to stir the shit. Starting arguments, ehhh, more of I like to stand for truth and discuss things, so that others and I might learn.

Mickey Bitsko

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Oh , I see, thats YOU call it ,uh huh...whatever you say junior... I'll consider this a lesson:icon_thumby:
I have read a few of your other posts, it does appear that you are wise beyond your years, Keep it up I'm sure you have quite a following hanging your every word.
Thank you for sharing your wisdom with me.
Have you ever heard the old saying "everyone has a opinion, like everybody has two elbows..? Thats how I look at this conversation...:icon_rofl:

Mike Tonon

Oh , I see, thats YOU call it ,uh huh...whatever you say junior... I'll consider this a lesson:icon_thumby:
I have read a few of your other posts, it does appear that you are wise beyond your years, Keep it up I'm sure you have quite a following hanging your every word.
Thank you for sharing your wisdom with me.
Have you ever heard the old saying "everyone has a opinion, like everybody has two elbows..? Thats how I look at this conversation...:icon_rofl:
:bawling: I don't have elbows! I lost those in the war! ..ASSHOLE! :annoyed:
I still find a way to lift my :beer: 's to my mouth, though. :headbang:

Turbroke

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 EFI Turbo
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Aha! A pissing contest that has spilled over from The Sanctuary. :D (Saw where this originated) A perfect example of one of many reasons why I will not call myself a Christian in spite of the fact that I have read the Holy Bible as many times as any of you. Jesus is THE most misunderstood teacher of all time; what a shame. He's brilliant. I'll never let religion interfere with my relationship with God. God and I are tight; in fact he's here right now as usual. Ignorance is the only evil I know of, and who has the audacity to claim to know God's will? Not I, but I do my best and he likes that. Proceed.:popcorn:

Last edited:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
A~haaaaaaaaaa!

Another fight to the death..."In this corner...<dramatic hand pointing effort towards Mike> wearing the pink trunks and weighing far too much....MIKE...

And in this corner <spinning softly and gently to point towards Mickey> wearing the green trunks and weighing in just under 60 years...MICKEY"...

Shake your heads gentlemen! <waiving them into the center ring>

Now you know the rules...no biting...no eye gouging with your toenails...no spitting...no kissing...no erections after the opponent is down...and do not bleed on my new canvas...

aaaaaaannnnnnnndd FIGHT!

Mike Tonon

A~haaaaaaaaaa!

Another fight to the death..."In this corner...<dramatic hand pointing effort towards Mike> wearing the pink trunks and weighing far too much....MIKE...

And in this corner <spinning softly and gently to point towards Mickey> wearing the green trunks and weighing in just under 60 years...MICKEY"...

Shake your heads gentlemen! <waiving them into the center ring>

Now you know the rules...no biting...no eye gouging with your toenails...no spitting...no kissing...no erections after the opponent is down...and do not bleed on my new canvas...

aaaaaaannnnnnnndd FIGHT!
Mark my words, Jesus Christ is God and I'm just a fool like the rest of you.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals