• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

weird engine problem

If PigsCouldfly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a 2000 ranger 3.0 flex. Sometimes engine is fine except for low power. Then out of nowhere valves ratlle so bad sounds like it is about to fall apart. Along with this smoke from the tailpipe sporatically. The smoke is not continuous.
Paid a guy to change my motor due to same problem but obviously he didn't change it. No motor id numbers so dont know how to prove it.
He did drop the oil pan, I can tell from the new blue rtv. Just checking to see if someone might know what this is. Hopefully get lucky. Thanks

bucko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The first thing I'd want to know is what type of engine (if any) was replaced into your truck. Was it supposed to be a remanufactured (rebuilt) engine? Was it just a swapped engine from a salvage yard? Any of these usually come with a warranty. Did you get that paperwork? If not, contact the place that did the engine replacement and ask.

How much did this cost you?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals