• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Electric Fan Idea? help?

chazzone

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The diode is to prevent feedback from the left relay into the center relay. When you are on high both the left and right relay are closed providing voltage to both set of windings. When you switch to low only the left relay is closed and only one winding is used. On low the diode prevents the center relay to be entergized.
I get that. Like I said, I understand what a diode does.

So then, I can assume that it takes both circuits to run the fan on hi...?

belovedb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
After my 4.0L swap I plan to add an electric fan. I see that the two speed Sable has been used. What year Sable would be OK? Is the Taurus the same?

belovedb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
My thread must have gotten lost. I was asking what Sable year would be used for the two speed cooling fan? Is the Taurus OK?

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I picked up a Mercury Villager fan at Pick and Pulls big sale and it barely fit on the radiator just perfect.I still can't use it about a half inch too thick.If your looking to get a fan it looks awesome to me.I paid 20 dollars for it if you pay that and shipping you can have it I battery tested it and it works.If you look around the junk yard look at those for one in your area about a 2000.It's a 2 speed as well.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals