• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What lights should i get?

pSycHOarsOnisT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I know everyone probably tired of questions like this but.... I want a set of lights to go behind my grill, I've been looking at the rigid dually d2 driving, and d floods. I originally thought about the kc daylighters but wasnt sure about current draw with my other crap i have added to my truck and plan to add as well. I like the driving beam and want to go with something like that... I like the rigids but they are expensive. Any input is appreciated

James86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,
Ford,
Engine Size
3.0 Flex Fuel, 2.5L, 3.3 Flex Fuel
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
WHY DO I KEEP BUYING DODGES?!?!?
Too bad you have to tuck them behind the grille on your gen, I just stuck mine IN the grille:

Granted, I think they doo look cool behind the grille on later gens - I even prefer the honeycomb look over my grille, but I've always wondered what people mount them to. It doesn't seem like there's much between the grille and the radiator for attaching large lights.

If you're concerned about current draw, the 140 amp alternator is a direct drop in on Rangers - that's what I did when my original alternator died, and my voltage gauge never budges :D

James86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,
Ford,
Engine Size
3.0 Flex Fuel, 2.5L, 3.3 Flex Fuel
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
WHY DO I KEEP BUYING DODGES?!?!?
You're talking about doing this, right?:

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
I cannot recommend KC HiLites enough, get some Apollo series, they are not as expensive but very good quality. It's what I run, I have 6 of them! If you really like you can always mount them on the front lip of your front bumper.

pSycHOarsOnisT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Thats exactly what im talking about james, id put them on my bumper but i use it too much to push stuff out of the way and i dont want to risk wrecking my lights.
With regards to current, im running a 500w sub, some smaller accessories. I wouldnt be worried about it if thats all i had but i plan on getting a 8000lb winch this summer and dont know what they use for current.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Check out my build thread (link in sig) I've got IPF of 968's they are bright, have dual reflectors, so they work as a spot and a flood, and I have details on how I mounted them

pSycHOarsOnisT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the input guys. After looking around for pricing at places around me ive decided to get the rigid dually floods and possibly the spots later on. They are only $5 more than the kc apollos at the local shops, so im gonna pick some up tomorrow.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals