• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Transdapt motor mount issue

l0sts0ul

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys.

I tried dry fitting my engine last night and I ended up feeling completely beaten.

I tried for 2 hours to get the stupid mounts to line up so I could bolt her down and they just wouldn't go... It was like the mounts on the engine were just a bit too wide.

So now I'm thinking I might just put the factory 3.0L mounts in and build the plates, however I'm looking for someone who might have a drawing I could use or at least some decent. Measurements other than 7" for the distance betwen the block holes.

Thanks in advance

l0sts0ul

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Factory ford 302 mounts. But it's a mexican block and I've notice a couple extra points where the block sticks out that causes my prolem.

l0sts0ul

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Let me rephrase. They are the mounts from transdapt. They look like the ones you posted.

jmcleek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic

l0sts0ul

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
When I tried to install the block with the factory 302 mounts on it, and the transdapt plates, one side would go into the plate, but the other wouldn't fit. it would sit about 1/2" above the slot on the plate itself, and not slide down no matter what I did. I noticed the motor mounts (302 factory) that were sent to me, I had to grind out the holes to make them fit properly because of the bosses that stuck out from the block. obviously, these won't work at this point, and heavy modification to these is pointless I believe.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
wow, hard to believe that would stop a guy....slow ya down a bit maybe...slot the holes bigger and use a heavy large washer.

and or

leave the mount loose on the block on both sides so you have enough slop to set them in place then button it all up.

generally i use studs in the block to facilitate this with the stang/mark style mounts and a ttb chassis......leave the mounts somewhat loose on the k member and drop/wiggle wobble and dance it in.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals