• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

howdy guys, I'm back, too bad I'm not remembered lol

mike123

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Well, if any of you remember a good while back I was looking for a RBV and I had a couple of B2's in my sights but I could never pull the trigger, I have always loved the 73-79 F-series and deep down, that's what I wanted.. So I got one finally!
Just for a little back info, my first truck was a 93 ext. Cab 2wd ranger with the 3.slow, the stepped up to a 87 F150 and now into a 96 F150, but gas prices are killing me, and building my 78 up to be what I want has become more work than fun, so I'm back trying to find another Ranger!!

I have found one I like, its in my price range, its 4x4 (awesome to have when your friends are idiots like mine), 5 speed, with the 2.3L gas.
I would love to hear your opinions, like I say, I don't much care for looks, just functionality.
Link:http://valdosta.craigslist.org/cto/2330507735.html

Thanks guys! And girls!

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
hey i remember you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, not really. but welcome back sir!

get a b2! i'm kinda partial to the b2's myself.. idk why! lol

mike123

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I'm a broke highschool kid that has to pick up his own gas bill starting next year, I need a 4 banger lol... Plus, I could never quite get used to the B2 look, I wanted to build one but just couldn't get used to it..
Annnd all on the ones here are either ragged out and worthless or they're not for sale.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
couldn't get used to the look? did you look at mine? lol j/k man.

i know how the broke kid feels.. trust me. i've paid for my gas for a long time now.. i'm in my 3rd year of college. i'm doing all i have on my b2 on a minimal wage job part time and going to school full time. it can be done... trust me... gas is gonna suck no matter what you drive.

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
damn, picking up your own gas bill next year:( wish i was spoiled haha. jus jokin, no but seriously. ya i mean i figured mine was gonna be better then some bigger trucks as it was a small truck v6, nope. my truck swallows at a rate of 10-14 mpg. hope yours does good.

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I'm a broke highschool kid that has to pick up his own gas bill starting next year, I need a 4 banger lol... Plus, I could never quite get used to the B2 look, I wanted to build one but just couldn't get used to it..
Annnd all on the ones here are either ragged out and worthless or they're not for sale.
:nopityA:

mike123

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I have been spoiled.. But my mom told me long as I stay in school and focus on my grades she didn't have a problem paying for gas, insurance, etc. And I'm a Jr, will be 18 starting my Sr. Year, dad and mom told me it was time for real life. I'm fine with it, long as I got my 78 and something economical to drive everyday.

I'm not broken hearted about it, the 5.0 is a little annoying to mess with sometimes... And I got a built 400 for my 78, so when I wanna get noticed I'll drive that. Just need a DD.

mike123

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
damn, picking up your own gas bill next year:( wish i was spoiled haha. jus jokin, no but seriously. ya i mean i figured mine was gonna be better then some bigger trucks as it was a small truck v6, nope. my truck swallows at a rate of 10-14 mpg. hope yours does good.
Over on another board we've been talking about the new *gas* (E10) and its dropped my mileage to 8.5-11mpg depending on how I drive in my 96, on real gas, I get almost 14 but there is no real gas in my town that's reasonably close to me.

I've been thinking of getting a RBV and making a tune for it speacialy for E10, if I could find E85 here I'd just set it up to run off of it.

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The 85 will not be E10 compatible. You'll need something from the 90's.

But the 85 looks cool

mike123

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
If I sell my 96 for what its worth, I'll have enough left over from buying the 85 to make it compatible.

If I remember corectly all you need to run E10 is a little hotter spark and repplace the rubber piceces in the fuel lines.
To accevie the hotter spark, all you have to do is advance the timing a little, get a hotter coil, plug wires to match the coil, and little bigger plug gap, along with a better or new cap/rotor.

Least that's how I did it on my '87 and my '96.

Some places have had E10 since the mid 70's, and people have ran vehicles of that era on E10 with nothing lost but maybe a little fuel mileage.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Just stay in school, Bro!!!

mike123

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Oh, believe me, I am. You can't get a job with hardly anyone with a GED. I'm getting my diploma no matter what.

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i've seen worse looking trucks with higher price tags for sure! look it over real good, check the door sticker or rear axle tag to see what gears are in it. 3.08 or 3.45 are great for the freeway, but you have to give it more gas getting it off the line with those gears. and if most of your driving is around town, mileage will suffer some with them. 3.73 would be about right, imho. you can check the tech library here so you can read the axle codes when you go look at it. then drive it and buy it if it all checks out.
good luck and welcome back for sure!!

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Oh, believe me, I am. You can't get a job with hardly anyone with a GED. I'm getting my diploma no matter what.
you can hardly get a decent job w/out a good 4 year degree anymore...

mike123

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
i've seen worse looking trucks with higher price tags for sure! look it over real good, check the door sticker or rear axle tag to see what gears are in it. 3.08 or 3.45 are great for the freeway, but you have to give it more gas getting it off the line with those gears. and if most of your driving is around town, mileage will suffer some with them. 3.73 would be about right, imho. you can check the tech library here so you can read the axle codes when you go look at it. then drive it and buy it if it all checks out.
good luck and welcome back for sure!!
I've been talking with the guy and the motor is a newer motor, it has had a lot done to it latley, and really, I'm just looking for something to run get parts for my 78 and something to drive everyday.
you can hardly get a decent job w/out a good 4 year degree anymore...
Amen.. I'm going to trade school to get my auto technician degree (2 years) and then I want to get my ASE master tech stuff.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals