• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2012 f-150 4by4 issues, please help

bluebombersfan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have been having a very annoying problem with the 4by4. It all started with my brakes. I was hearing a noise that my mechanic told me to install new brakes and rotors. He told me the rotors were warped and needed new ones because they were to far gone to machine. I spent $1000 for new pads and rotors on all for wheels. I get my truck back and suddenly now i hear a grinding noise coming from the front wheels. They tell me it's a problem with the 4by4 trying to engage. They replace the part from the driver side. I don't know what its called. It was a suction cup thing with a gear attatched. they said there was a leak and causing the the 4by4 to ingage. Paid another $500 for that to be replaced. Got my truck back and as soon as I drove it home, same thing. Then I got the other side done. Another $500. Drove it home. it was good for almost a week, then same thing again. dropped it off again today and now he said it might be issue with the vacuum. I have spent $2000 in the last 2 weeks on my truck and feel like nothing is improving. So now i am waiting for them to check the vacuum as I left it at the shop today. I am getting so stressed with the situation.
Does anybody know whats going on with my truck?
please help, I am starting to hate this truck.
Also I should mention the grinding sound coming from the front usually happens under acceleration past 40km/hour. I never hear it at low speeds or when I am coasting.
:dunno::icon_confused:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Dad's '05 had the alternator going out, it wasn't running enough voltage to hold the truck into 2wd so the hubs would drag.

The default to 4wd so that is naturally where they want to go.

100+ years and we are still struggling to make good automatic hubs. :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals