• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Help

Heishin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Just changed plugs and dist, rotor etc on Br2 now I can't get it to start. Got wires crossed at first, but fixed and still won't fire. Can anyone help?

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Need more info. What is it doing. What sounds does it make. Does it try to start, but not quite? What wires did you cross at first. You are our eyes and ears. ;)

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
when i changed mine it didnt want to start turns out ont of the wires was not conected to the ditributor evrn tho it was fully on th wire had came off inside the rubber part where it connects

Heishin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
First connected clockwise from#1 then remembered the correct 1,3,2,4 etc.. checked all wires cap rotor. Getting fire but it just turns and backfires. Not starting.

Heishin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
First connected clockwise from#1 then remembered the correct 1,3,2,4 etc.. checked all wires cap rotor. Getting fire but it just turns and backfires. Not starting.

Heishin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks, that's the link I used. Still not starting.

mylittleblackbird

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Pontiac
Engine Size
4.6L 3.8L 2.8L
Did it run before you did this work?

If it did, then you have something not set right. Backfires indicate a firing order/timing issue or a valve sealing issue. If it ran fine before this work, that rules out the valve issue. Perhaps when you were changing the distributor out, you didn't get it timed right. Check your timing and try again.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Did it run before you did this work?

If it did, then you have something not set right. Backfires indicate a firing order/timing issue or a valve sealing issue. If it ran fine before this work, that rules out the valve issue. Perhaps when you were changing the distributor out, you didn't get it timed right. Check your timing and try again.
^
this gets my vote, my 2.9 did the same thing when i put it back together. had to fiddle with it to get it to stay running.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals