• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project Guinea Pig

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
No the change is just the Ranger. I might be replacing it with a nearly complete 4x4 one, if its still available come payday. I miss driving an RBV, the gf's malibu just ain't the same.
Besides, the gf and I aren't doing too well, I might need it to move.

I've been working on the Bronco some lately putting the Explorer front inner clip on it, the original was too rusty. It'll be okay. The 4.0 will have to do in it for a while. Cash is still a problem.

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
Oh I'm sorry to hear that bud!
Just went through the same thing my self.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
I think a lot of us are feeling the pinch lately. It really feels like we're in a recession but they keep telling us the economy is great.

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
Right! Freckling fuel here in California is over a dollar more than most everywhere else, cost of living is almost double too.
Tax rate is horrendous too.

I'm sick of it. I want to move really bad.
If I could live in a neighboring state and just work in California that would be ideal.

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Right! Freckling fuel here in California is over a dollar more than most everywhere else, cost of living is almost double too.
Tax rate is horrendous too.

I'm sick of it. I want to move really bad.
If I could live in a neighboring state and just work in California that would be ideal.
Fuel there is a gift compared to here. We pay by the litre which is about a quarter gallon. Its about $1.37 a litre here so you're about 1/3 to 1/4 cheaper in Squaw Valley but I feel your pain. It sucks everywhere.
http://www.gasbuddy.com/
Its beautiful here but I hate it. Its insanely expensive. An older average house is pushing $600 grand and wages can never keep up. The traffic is horrendous. About the only good thing is the women. This place is amazing for that.
I can't get her to move to a smaller town because of her seniority at work and I can't make a good living here because theres tons of truck drivers.
Plus we're in a damn recession even if mainstream media never says so.

Theres tons of forest fires here, if that helps. Theres one about a mile from my brothers. They had the Martin Mars water bomber working that. I think its either the biggest or oldest or both. Pretty impressive tanker tho.
http://www.cheknews.ca/bc-wildfire-service-believes-it-has-the-upper-hand-on-cowichan-valley-fire-110623/

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
Oh wow, yeah you've got it worse off than I do!
You tried getting on with one of the companies that supply the water trucks for the fires?
I'm filling air tankers with retardant now. We just loaded about 33,000 gallons today. We had a fire about 45 miles away.

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
I'm not sure how to get on with the fire tanker truck guys but they are way out of town which gets into logistics for me. I just got a raise on this lousy job of mine but I'm not getting enough hours, which is the real problem for me.
I've just spent a few hours looking into buying one of those trucks, I doubt I could but it doesn't hurt to investigate, you know?

grumpyguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry to hear things are kind of rough for you right now.

Keep your eye on civicinfo.bc.ca . There's two driving jobs on there now. Gravel truck in West Van...$28 and change an hour plus full benefits. Burnaby as well $27 and change plus 12% in lieu of holidays....

Good luck!

I worked in the industry as well. Laid off from Consolidated Fastfrate two years ago. Won't be going back to trucking. Time for a new career path.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry to hear things are kind of rough for you right now.
Thank you.

Keep your eye on civicinfo.bc.ca . There's two driving jobs on there now. Gravel truck in West Van...$28 and change an hour plus full benefits. Burnaby as well $27 and change plus 12% in lieu of holidays....

Good luck!
Its odd but I only seem to remember that site when I'm unemployed, sitting in a WorkBC office...

I worked in the industry as well. Laid off from Consolidated Fastfrate two years ago. Won't be going back to trucking. Time for a new career path.
You have no idea how often I tell myself to get out of trucking. Just yesterday I was stopped by Delta commercial enforcement at noon. They parked the truck and gave the pony trailer a box 1, took the plate off it. I got a $106 fine for out of adjustment auto slack adjusters. I don't blame you one bit for wanting out. Good luck in your new career path.

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Have to postpone my plans for the day. Banks are closed today for a statutory holiday that happens on Monday for some reason. And like a fool I promised money to my little succubus for my share of rent.
So here I sit brokenhearted... :annoyed:

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
Well that's a bummer! Move down here, all you have to do is get here illegally. They'll give you tons of money, health care and a phone. All you have to do is speak fluent Spanish....

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Well that's a bummer! Move down here, all you have to do is get here illegally. They'll give you tons of money, health care and a phone. All you have to do is speak fluent Spanish....
Unfortunately I am way too gringo and no habla, ese. Its not too illegal to cross the Mexican border but still very illegal to cross from Canada for some reason.
Yeah, I've read that if you arrive in the US from anywhere but Canada the govt will give you a better life than they give actual citizens. No wonder Obama wants to take away your guns. I'm sure agenda 21 explains all of this logically though.
If I can get cash out of the bank machine today its back on. Its still available and so is the backup plan, fwiw... :icon_thumby:

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
Yep exactly!!!
Hopefully it works out for you!

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
It figures. I finally get some money together to see about getting a 94 Ranger s/c 4x4 that needs an engine and the guys phone is "out of service."
And it was falling together. Some older dude came by wanting to buy the gf's Malibu this afternoon. For a brief moment all the pieces were coming together and this guy turns out to be a flake.
If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. :dunno:

The search is on now tho...

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
Dude I know all about the luck!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals