• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cigarette Lighter Pushed THROUGH Dash!

SMB2500

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
First post here... please go easy on me!

Bought a 2000 Mazda B2500 last week (same as Ranger in most instances, right?). It didn't have a cigarette lighter element in the lighter receptacle. So, even though I don't smoke, I thought I'd put one in. As I pushed the element in, it pushed the entire lighter assembly through the dash! I can see it in there, but how do I get it out to repair it??

I have a feeling it was already broken, as there was absolutely no resistance or noise of anything breaking as it was pushed in.

Recommendations are appreciated! Do I need to pull the dash apart? Pull radio out? Install aftermarket lighter?

Thanks!

SMB2500

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Nevermind! The dash trim bezel pulled right off, giving me access to the lighter. All I need to do is replace the bezel, or weld a bit of plastic in the hole where it has broken. A mountain has become a mole hill!

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
cool u fixed, broken and missing stuff in the dash is ugly, i purchased the lighter too just to cover the hole, cuz i dont smoke lol!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals