• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

door chime, dome light

goblue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
My door chime and dome light are not turning off like they used to. The problem started a couple months ago, for which I called the Ford dealer. They said to spray some silicone into the door latch and if that didn't fix it I would probably have to replace the switch inside the door.

That worked for a while, but now the chime and light seem to have a mind of their own. I seems like after I start the engine, it acts exactly same as the timer delay and shuts off after a couple of minutes. Also the same is true when the engine is turned off and the door is initially opened and closed. The dome light times out instead of shutting off imediately, like it used to.

My question to the forum is there some other control that might not be turning off the delay?

I am half afraid that dome light might not turn off and leave me with a dead battery.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
in my 99 adn the other ranger i drive, the light stays on for a while and then goes off when u close the door, the chime maybe the issue is in your start switch, take the key out and push it a bit to the inside, mine quits when i do this

shadetree

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Explorer Sport
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Replace the switch in the latch. Spraying with WD40 and equivalents is only a stop gap measure. :)shady

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals