• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Quest for new HVAC housing - Question

DannyG

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I am in search of a new or excellent condition HVAC housing with air condition.

My question is, For those who may have replaced this or added A/C where were the best places to find good condition part?

Nothing is re-manufactured for this, and initial searching on ebay and like sites have produced not so great results.

My HVAC housing has multiple stress cracks and what looks to be an aftermarket Condenser housing that many holes in it.

My local junk yards are spotty now for surplus parts for the Gen 1 and 2 Rangers.

Thanks for any direction given.

1992, 4.0, MT, Factory AC optioned.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just gotta keep hunting JY's.

They are a PITA to pull, if you can find a truck someone already yanked the engine out if it is much easier. A 4cyl truck (scarce with A/C) is easier than a V6.

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
stock, may get leveling springs in front "somday"
Tire Size
coil inside the blower unit is called the evaporator. even new, they look like junk. The condenser, is in front of the radiator, I just got replacement parts for my truck it's a 94 there's no reason to think you can't get new parts for yours. Other than the blower unit,. the plastic they are made of looks like it could be epoxy together but you should find one at a yard or Ebay

DannyG

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My followup question.

After further investigating I am not sure I have a factory installed A/C and am pretty sure it isn't dealer either. Some of the parts and connectors look factory and not dealer (from what I can reference online) however my HVAC control panel is a manual panel with A/C and A/C max positions in the overlay, but no note stating "Push for A/C" next to the fan control.

Would anyone be willing to post pictures of your 4.0 with factory A/C so I can have a couple of reference images?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals