• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rear seat room SCrew....

2000sport

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Anyone see one up close yet? Was wondering how much legroom is in the rear seats? Or what would you compare it too? Like the rear seats in an Edge, Expedition, or close to an F150? I'm thinking this may be my next truck if the price comes in about $10k cheaper than a new F 150. I've got two kids that will be riding in the back, just want to make sure they have some legroom. If not I'll be looking into a used F 150. I've owned 3 rangers in the past, a '92, '96, and an '00 before jumping up to an '02 f-150, then I went to an
04, and now I'm in an Expedition, wanting to get something that gets more than 14 mpgs.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
To each his own.
Surely it will be enough room for 2 kids in the back when they call it a 5 seater.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Last edited:

blksn8k

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
The overall lengths of the 2019 Ranger crewcab and the 2nd gen Sport Trac should be pretty close. However, since the Ranger has a longer bed the Sport Trac probably has a slightly longer cab and therefore more legroom.

Attachments

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
I drove a duramax Colorado today. it is definitely roomier then the ranger.

when I was hopping in the back seat at the naias debut....they shut it down pretty quick as it was not installed correctly and did not want anyone in it...

I noted my legs and foot fit about the same as a gen 1 sport trac. difference being the sport trac I would say is as roomy as the Colorado...so this ranger feels and looks slightly smaller. did not get all the way in and close the door...but I am over 6 foot and it was a breeze to get in and swing my big dumb head around...so kids should be cake..

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I drove a duramax Colorado today. it is definitely roomier then the ranger.

when I was hopping in the back seat at the naias debut....they shut it down pretty quick as it was not installed correctly and did not want anyone in it...

I noted my legs and foot fit about the same as a gen 1 sport trac. difference being the sport trac I would say is as roomy as the Colorado...so this ranger feels and looks slightly smaller. did not get all the way in and close the door...but I am over 6 foot and it was a breeze to get in and swing my big dumb head around...so kids should be cake..
LOL, they freaked out every time someone tried to get in it.

ryan

Forum Administrator
Administrator
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
They forget to bolt the seats down or something??
They alluded that the body wasn't all steel and it was more of a display piece than a full steel bodied truck.

While I haven't sat in the back of a Colorado or a Sport Trac I do have to agree with Bobby, I had the rear legroom for the new Ranger pegged as being similar to mom's old '94 Explorer.

Last edited:

don4331

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So, my lousy job sends me to terrible locations: Paris, London, Munich, Perth, number of Mexico cities, etc.

So, my comments are for RoW Ranger as personally reviewed in France/Australia/Mexico:
Rear seat in SCrew is probably a little tighter than Sport Trac (when I was comparing them in Guadalajara, I was checking external dimensions, not interior), but you would need a tape measure to determine the difference, they are that close.

Rear seat in SCab is better than Taco; but not as good as Colorado.

Note: Colorado only seats 4 in either SCab or SCrew, so wider seating position makes it feel less cramped.

I don't know if I am as big as Bobby (just over 185cm tall/just under 100kg). I fit OK, in back of SCrew without making driver/front seat passenger uncomfortable. In any of the SCabs, you would need a shoe horn to get me in, and the driver better be petite.

Last time in Mexico, I was trying to get one of the guys to sell me his '01 doble cabina Ranger, but he wasn't parting with it.

There are a number of coupe utilities out there that it is shame we can't get in Canada/USA, too.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Note: Colorado only seats 4 in either SCab or SCrew, so wider seating position makes it feel less cramped.
I sat in the front of one of those at the show, it didn't feel much wider than my '85. :dntknw:

Dunno how tall Bobby is but I am a tad over 6'-2" and when I was wearing cowboy boots at the show he was still quite a bit taller than me.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals