• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need some advice please

Insearch87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hi, I have a 86 bronco 2 Eddie Bauer not sure if that even matters. Anyway I bought it after an engine swap was done and it has some querks. The main issue for now is that my turn signals only work if I turn my ignition backwards to a certain point just before it shuts off the truck. When it turns on the blinkers it also turns on the blower motor if the switches are on. What is making this happen? Is the wiring done incorrectly? Or is there something else that's causing this problem. Its very annoying having to do this Every time I get in my b2. And that sometimes it will kill the engine if I hit a hard bump in the road do to the ignition being turned so far towards the off position. Plus it doesn't always want to stay in that position and get pissed when I'm making a turn and my signals don't come on when I expect they are going to. I really don't want to get a ticket for this haha. Please help so I can save a little daily sanity. Thanks in advance

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
So you didn't do the swap right? You're probably gonna have to open the steering column and check to make sure the ignition switch is mounted correctly, not hitting anything or rubbing wires. Make sure the turn signal switch is tightened down too. Most problems occur from bad installation or loose wire and connections.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals