• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Instrument cluster swap

Vciferni

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 95 ranger 4.0 manual trans 4x4. None of the gauges work beside the temp and battery so I was gonna swap it out. what gauges would work? Do I have to keep to exclusively manual and 4x4 and 4.0? And what year clusters would work from rangers or explorers?

Thanks for the help!

1993rangerjwh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a 95 ranger 4.0 manual trans 4x4. None of the gauges work beside the temp and battery so I was gonna swap it out. what gauges would work? Do I have to keep to exclusively manual and 4x4 and 4.0? And what year clusters would work from rangers or explorers?

Thanks for the help!
From what I've been told on other sites is any of the explorer or ranger that has the same interior setup as you will work. For example, my truck has the square cluster in it so therefore I can only swap out with same kind from explorer or ranger. Same applies for you. Now as far as 4×4 goes I know on my stock cluster it had that stuff blocked off so no lights can be put in so what I take from that would be you need to try to find one that is a 4×4 to get the cluster out of. I could be wrong seeing how I have an early 90s ranger so maybe things like that have changed so don't quote me on this. I'd say find one you like & put it into your truck, sounds like you can't get any worse than it already is. Hope this helps you out some.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals