• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Finally, my official project truck

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Couple little things I did today.. CLEAN! Took the dash apart and cleaned the funk out of it. While I was in there I drove 750k miles.. yeah buddy!!

Looks so much better clean!

Last edited:

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
Yes after reading and searching, I found them. Sombody might have sent me the link and that's how I found them.

Heck yeah Jeff.. offer all the advice tou want, the more info I can find out on what is good and not.. the better I'll be.
On the main girdle.. not sure about that yet. It would be good for extra insurance or if I decide to try a big hit of the gas. I REALLY wanted to mount that Eaton M112. For the amount of boost I wanted to be at, it's just not a smart choice to use that blower. I don't plan on making enough to split the block and then if I was making that kind of power, I honestly don't think it would be good for an everyday sit in rush hour traffic truck with the ac on. Just my opinion. Coming from building s-10's, that was the number one problem I ran it with big horsepower motors, overheating. I tried everything under the sun to keep them cool sitting in traffic. . They would not stay cool. Engine compartment in these truck are just to little I think with this ranger I'm only going to run a little over 9.5:1 compression, good little nitrous cam and AFR heads. I refuse to give up my ac!! HAHAHAAA.. My truck is the twin to yours,except white. In fact.. you're the reason behind this ..I seen your truck and said that's it.. I got to gave me one of those!!
Thanks for the kind words. Before I forget, I like the odometer idea! Rwenzing started a thread in response to my questions regarding the main girdle. He dropped a couple photos of his set up along with the info that it will clear the OEM stamped Explorer pan with minor modification to the girdle. Just thought I would pass that along, I am sure you will run across that thread in your travels.

Just an FYI, Nitrous Express has a wet kit with the GT 40 plate. I was concerned with the port diameter of their plate since my upper and lower was gasket matched. I called the tech line and they pulled a plate and measured it while I was on hold. The plate port diameter is slightly larger then the Felpro gasket openings.

One last thing, let me know what you find out as far as Torque Master headers and the AFR's. I am pretty sure you will come up with some information along the way, possibly even first hand.

Last edited:

V8 Level II

Dec 2008 STOTM Winner, 2008 Truck Of The Year
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Supercharged 5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
....Torque Master headers and the AFR's.....
That reminds me... As delivered, the TMH's will not clear AFR heads. The AFR's have a thick, continuous outer flange where the factory iron heads had indentations between the outer head bolts. IIRC, the major points of interference were at the collector on the PS and at the small 2-bolt flange on the DS. A little machining and/or filing makes everything OK though.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was also an issue with other aftermarket heads. The TMH's are tucked in so tightly that even valve cover clearance can become an issue. I had a really nice set of fabricated sheet aluminum covers but they weren't even close to fitting with the TM's in place. Had to revert to more conventional cast Cobra covers to make everything live together in harmony.

The first photo shows the approximate locations of interference.

Looking to the far right in the second photo, there is a short area that has been milled to allow the outermost edge of the AFR to clear the PS collector and its weld. I thought I had other pictures of this but I can't find any.

Attachments

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Oh damn! Thanks for the heads up! I personally dont like the TIm's. Just the way the come up. I'm going to attempt to make a set of headers ,or actually modify a set of long tunes or sorties..

I have been talking to a couple of people about which heads to use on my 331. Since I'm going to limit my horsepower to around 325ish, I can use just a good set of Trickflows. I dont want to make to muchbpower on motor for streetability issues, it will make up for the difference on the bottle when I feel the need to play catch up.. :3gears:

Last edited:

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Does anyone know for certain if the 347 kits got their oil burning problem resolved? I heaed that they did if you get thw eight pistons ,AND who has the best prices going now for the 331 or , maybe now the 347..��

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ok.. small update I want to mention.. I have found a source to make my adapter to mount the Eaton M112 blower.. non other than Rangersvt from right here.. small world!

Last edited:

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Small update.. I went yesterday and bought a complete running 2000 AWD expo for $200!! Transmission is broke and body is shot. Has 4 almost brand new goo d year wrangler tires!! I'm taking the engine harness and engine. And small misc things.. Junking the rest.

Last edited:

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Got my updated motor plates in today from Rick More.. Thicker and he sends them with a nice spacer now on the riverside..

Last edited:

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Got the 2000 expo to my buddies house to yank the engine and wiring out.. Then junking the rest.
Going to install it stock to make sure everything is right then pull in back out this coming winter for the 331 stroker on nitrous or blower. Just depends on the adapter plate for the M112. Or spacers to run a vortech S-Trim..

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So.. my laptop has crashed! ALL my notes that I had saved are gone..

My ranger is a 99 3.0 flex fuel auto. My donor motor and harness is a 2000 expo.
This is a wiring question.. is this actually a plug and play on the connector that sits on top of the intake? I thought I remember that pin 42 and to be cut then gound to the firewall.. the other side went to the alternator? Sorry for the question.. I have to start all over reading and saving notes..

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Small update... I picked up a ported 03 cobra M112.. no turning back now..

Last edited:

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Picked of these super nice American Racing thrust D's today after a 8 hour round trip for $200. 17x11 and 17x9. AND no spacer is required for the front..

ick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Subscribing. Looks like a great build! I'm looking to supercharge my 99 so please post up progress as you make it. Did you get the adapter built? you said rangersvt made it right? Is there room for air to water cooler inside there? You mentioned that you may be unhappy with 6ish psi from the M112, do you have plans to increase that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

ick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Also, mine swap is 2wd 99 xlt to 2wd 99 xlt and I didn't need to change any wires at the connector for engine harness. I swapped the expoler PATs module (behind the passenger airbag) and zip tied the explorer key to the PATs transceiver ring installed explorer pcm and it fired right up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I haven't gotten the adapter yet.. gathering parts still.but yes,rangers makes them. As far as boost, I'm hoping to see at minimum 10-11 with a pulley swap. Still researching this. 6 psi won't work for me.Ill use nitrous instead.
There is no room for an intercooler. I wish there was,but no. Trying to make under the hood look stock as.possible down to the clutch fan and shroud. Just preference

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals