• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recently swapped gauge cluster, speedometer inconsistent.

mooty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I recently swapped my gauge cluster on my 99 auto so I could view a tach. However, while trying to GPS calibrate my speedometer, I found I was 5 slower than the GPS reading at higher speeds.

Thinking of swapping the old speedometer in, any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

planeflyer21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Where did you get the new cluster/speedo?

Mine is a '99 5-speed. It is consistently showing 5mph lower than actual speed. I adjust it on the fly with my right foot.

mooty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Where did you get the new cluster/speedo?

Mine is a '99 5-speed. It is consistently showing 5mph lower than actual speed. I adjust it on the fly with my right foot.
The new cluster was a '98, the old was a '99. Turns out it was the speedometer gauge. My old one works perfectly and they are the exact same part number.

At slow speeds it read correctly and at maybe 50+ it was about 5 miles off. Eventually I placed the needle cap on it which I think contains a magnet or some such. It would then jerk to 5 miles intervals instead of operating smoothly so I did away with it entirely.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals