• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1st gen ford probe seats in a 1st gen ranger

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
would seats out of an 89-92 probe fit an 84 ranger standard cab? even 2nd gen seats? i owned a probe gt and loved those seats. i know the tracks and stuff need to be modifyed, but will they be too tall, too thick, give me less leg room? i have a bench and HATE IT. i wanna more comfy seat with no less leg room.

Fast Fords

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Buick
Engine Size
3.1L
Transmission
Automatic
would seats out of an 89-92 probe fit an 84 ranger standard cab? even 2nd gen seats? i owned a probe gt and loved those seats. i know the tracks and stuff need to be modifyed, but will they be too tall, too thick, give me less leg room? i have a bench and HATE IT. i wanna more comfy seat with no less leg room.
i bought probe seats outta a 93-94 (i think) and i will be putting those in soon (after my rad :icon_twisted:); i'm not sure the cab size difference between our model rangers however. I measured mine and looking into my cab i will have the same amount of space; the difference would be you would obviously sit lower in the seat due to the seating contour.

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
cool deal thanks man

SchmigShady

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2nd gen probe seats are the best. I'm a probe owner owning 4 of them right now. they hold you in pretty well. just don't use black leather probe seats they are really hard to find i paid $400 for the set for mine and there not perfect.

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah ive got a yard that has about ten 93 probes with black fabric seats in em. nice seats too.

SchmigShady

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah my yard has a few probes too but none with black they are the hardest to find lots of grey and tan ones out there. i've seen a few probe seats in old hot rods. they are very nice seats and usually pretty easy to find.

IRKillroy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Semper Fidelis
what do they look like? can any of your guys who have a billion probes take a photo or 5 and post them? thanks!

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yea next time im in there i will. but the nicest ones are mine!!!!!!!!!!

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
any one else got and comments?

MJ'sBlkBII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
FWIW: I've owned 2 '89 GT's, watch for broken welds. Both of mine did it in the same spot. When sitting on it, right side, front, there is a bar that goes across that breaks. Makes the seat lift on that corner.

desertrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
beat down 4.0
Transmission
Manual
i just put 94 probe gt seats in a 92 ranger supercab, the drivers being power. i retained the probe seat rails so i had to some redrilling and made some supports etc. all in all im very satisfied with the seats, i have a ton of leg room and they are really comfy.

the downsides to my installation is that the seats are so wide that they hit the door panel on both sides, nothing to worry about as far as breakage but you gotta shut the doors hard to get them to close all the way. the drivers side seat doesnt sit centered on the steering wheel either, it sits slightly to the left, again nothing to the point of where its a problem but its just something i noticed.

my downsides are 100% due to the way i installed them and could be avoided if you were to fab up your own rails or brackets. there is a "crossmember" that goes across the tranny hump that both the drivers and passenger front mounts bolt to and the drivers side is shaped slightly different next to the tranny hump then the passenger side is so with the stock probe seat tracks pushed all the way over its just too wide especially if the drivers seat is power cause it has the extra plastic housing sticking out even further for the buttons.

if anyone is interested on my installation i can give you details on how i did it but my way of doing it probably isnt the best way that it could be done, since my truck is just a desert toy im not really too concerned about it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals