• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Instrument cluster

graff104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have searched around alot and have found different answers and am a bit confused. I have a 94 ranger and don't have a tach, but can get an instrument cluster out of a 91 that does have a tach. So is it just plug and play or while i have to change some of the wiring?

a-5 freak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The 89-92 ranger, bronco 2, explorer clusters are the same and have the ugly yellow for the numbers.
Not mine. :D i have an aftermarket white face overlay

graff104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The 89-92 ranger, bronco 2, explorer clusters are the same and have the ugly yellow for the numbers. The 93-94 ranger, explorer clusters are the same and they have the green and blue mixture for the numbers. The 92 and older clusters will not work in the 93-94 dash even though they look the same. Your ranger should have the wiring for the tach behind the cluster in the harness, go to a junkyard and get a good one from a explorer or V6 ranger and swap it in and it should work without any problems.
Thanks thats kinda what i was afraid of. Well I needed to make a trip to the JY anyways. Im about to totally redo my interior and thought while i had it all torn down might as well get a tach.

bnbranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Size
2.3l 4 banger
Transmission
Manual
Get an after market TACH from an auto parts store and mount it. An other easy project. Save you alot of time and money...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals